Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2022

Started by Dash Decent, 20 July, 2021, 01:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Headroom

Now that the full line-up of graphic novels has been released for 2022, I shall be picking up the following:

JD Case Files 39 & 40.
Thistlebone book 2 HC.
Lawless book 4.
Brink volume 5.
JD: Legends of the Law.
Strontium Dog - The Son.
The Out book 1.

I am intrigued to see what will be reprinted with 'Strontium Dog - The Son' as everything else has been covered before. Also, will 'The Out - book 1' feature storylines one and two?

What are other Squaxx tempted to buy in the upcoming year?

IndigoPrime

I'll definitely be getting The Out. A pity there's no HC. Here's hoping enough people can writing begging notes to Tharg to at least get us a webshop exclusive HC.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Link to the full line-up please...
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Richard

QuoteI am intrigued to see what will be reprinted with 'Strontium Dog - The Son' as everything else has been covered before.
"By Private Contract" has not yet been collected in this series. Also "Once Upon a Time in Der Vest" hopefully.

Max Headroom

Richard - In what issues were 'By Private Contract' and 'Once Upon a Time in Der vest'? (I can't seem to place them?)

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Richard on 16 December, 2021, 06:10:38 PM
Also "Once Upon a Time in Der Vest" hopefully.

Williams and Campbell are on the cover credits, so yep, that one's in there!
@jamesfeistdraws

Batman's Superior Cousin

After googling the link, I finally decided that next year, I'm gonna get Brink, Scarlet Traces, The Out, Volume 39/40 of the Dredd Case Files, the encyclopaedia and the Brian Bolland/Mike McMahon Apex Editions.
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Tjm86

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 16 December, 2021, 04:54:42 PM
I'll definitely be getting The Out. A pity there's no HC. Here's hoping enough people can writing begging notes to Tharg to at least get us a webshop exclusive HC.

Amen.  I'm starting to struggle a little making sense of how these decisions are being arrived at.  It's like the shift to digital only for the Dominion stories.  Then we have the Necropolis and Judge Death again.  Not to mention Sleeze n' Rider (!)  The lack of a hardback for Lawless borders on criminal to my mind.

The Treasury line up is a little disappointing too.  The Sarge from Battle (at least in hardback) and Trigan Empire are probably the highlights.  It would have been nice to see another volume of Hellman (well, it does say volume 1 on the spine of the recent publication).  Even the Mike Nelson "Day of the Eagle" stories.

GordonR

QuoteI'm starting to struggle a little making sense of how these decisions are being arrived at.

The people making these decisions have the sales data on previous or similar books, and you don't.

HTH.

Richard

By Private Contract was in prog 2000.
Once Upon a Time in Der West was in prog 2212.

Dash Decent

BADTIME BEDTIME STORIES!

YES!  Thank you, Rebellion!

Once upon a badtime... In these explosive, hysterical comics, Jack the Nipper, Little Miss Muffet and Little Red Riding Hood run wild in chaotic retellings of beloved tales. These anarchic, frenzied comics stories from the pen of Leo Baxendale are the arguably the jewel of the British humour comics, beloved by many for their DIY storybook aesthetic when they were originally printed in Monster Fun. Now, in this stunning new collection, the comics are restored to their full glory, while reprinted in a smaller style to retain the intimate feel of the originals. Crammed with gags and hidden details, these Badtime Bedtime Stories are the perfect late night read for kids and grown ups!

Hardcover
1 September 2022
£14.99
Pages: 96

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Also "The Steel Claw - vol 2: The Reign of the Brain" and "A Spell of Trouble" from Jinty.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll