Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2022

Started by Dash Decent, 20 July, 2021, 01:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Black Beth is an interesting one. I guess at just 80 pages including the resurrected version, there wasn't much material in Scream, then? I did like that one-shot. Would have given it to the youngling if it wasn't for the back-up strip, and so I'll be interested to see if this book works instead. (I still reckon Tharg should cross the streams occasionally with this stuff. Black Beth's revamped form with DaNi would be a great fit for 2000 AD, IMO.)

Colin YNWA

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 25 November, 2021, 08:34:56 AM
Black Beth is an interesting one. I guess at just 80 pages including the resurrected version, there wasn't much material in Scream, then?

I think from interviews with Alec Worley it was just a one-off, one whihc really caught his imagination as a kid. Which is a shame as it would mean for me if I went for this I'd be buying a complete trade for just that one story... I'm still tempted ... but its one to think about whether I can justify.

broodblik

Agree with Indigo would love to see Beth grace the pages of the prog or even the meg as a new series
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Proudhuff

Quote from: sintec on 20 November, 2021, 01:10:11 PM
I see - so it's Tharg as the annoying drunk requesting entirely inappropriate songs and generally annoying the DJ. hmmmmmm.

Got any Quo?
DDT did a job on me

Richard

The Corinthian

Black Beth was originally created for a 1970s teen girls horror comic that never happened but would also have been called 'Scream'. The completed story turned up in the 1988 Scream Holiday Special.

The Corinthian

No one has any thoughts on Indigo Prime coming back for a one-off next year? Will it be Kek-W again?

broodblik

Quote from: The Corinthian on 25 November, 2021, 11:59:54 AM
No one has any thoughts on Indigo Prime coming back for a one-off next year? Will it be Kek-W again?

It would be nice if they can get John to write it
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sheridan

Quote from: Dash Decent on 25 November, 2021, 03:16:34 AM
Black Beth : Vengeance Be Thy Name (from the pages of SCREAM!) - paperback, 80 pages, 7th June 2022

A warrior with a name born of the black rage that filled her heart!

In a world of swords and sorcery, the evil tyrant Rassau discovers that he is destined to be killed by a fearsome warrior called Beth. Together with his men, Rassau seeks Beth out, destroying her village and killing all held dear to her. With the aid of a former warrior - the blind Quido - Beth becomes a skilled fighter and sworn enemy of all that is evil! She will not rest until her people are avenged!

This book contains both the original strip and the brilliantly resurrected stories that have been masterfully guided by writer Alec Worley and DC Comic's newest star, the astonishing Greek artist, DaNi!

Blas Gallego there, being the inspiration for "Blas in the Gallego system" (homeworld of the Gronk).  British Comics Wiki.

broodblik

Colin YNWA

Not sure if these digital releases preclude a physical release but if so such a shame for a strip as good as Dark Justice - Deliverance. It also a shame that Survival Geeks might not get a second physical volume to finish it off.

broodblik

And the poor super fan boys will be deprived of the an all exclusive limit-run HC edition of skippy

rogue69

davidbishop

Sleeze 'n' Ryder collected? Oh my.

Dash Decent

Quote from: rogue69 on 03 December, 2021, 10:00:16 PM
There's a best of Gerry Finley Day up on Amazon for release in August 2022

Yup.

"This collection showcases some of his best-known strips, including instalments from Rogue Trooper, The VC's, Dan Dare and the complete Harry Twenty on the High Rock."
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.