Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Trash vs Second City Blues - Rd 1 Heat 43

Started by Colin YNWA, 30 November, 2021, 06:26:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Trash for the art and being ahead of the game, but it won't make it through another round if it gets through this one.

Dark Jimbo

Second City Blues, a superb little sports strip (and I didn't even think such a thing was possible!)
@jamesfeistdraws

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

DRAW - yep let's cut straight to the chase, for the first time in this tourney we have a tie and thus the call falls to me. And alas there's not real surprise in what I'm going to say here I suspect. Trash has bloody glorious art... and... well that's it, it sits firmly in the school of thrills from the 90s that had badly written hard mean in the lead and muddle central narratives that could nothing to redemn that.

Second City Blues was an amazing fun strip with grerat Warren Pleece art. The way it played with the typical 2000ad sports thrill to become something else, without getting muddle is a real boost. So for me the clear winner is

Second City Blues

And it skateboards into the 2nd round

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 03 December, 2021, 06:26:54 AM
DRAW - yep let's cut straight to the chase, for the first time in this tourney we have a tie and thus the call falls to me.

Extinction Rebellion will be gluing themselves to the ground outside the FFTA offices this morning.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Link Prime on 03 December, 2021, 09:11:07 AM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 03 December, 2021, 06:26:54 AM
DRAW - yep let's cut straight to the chase, for the first time in this tourney we have a tie and thus the call falls to me.

Extinction Rebellion will be gluing themselves to the ground outside the FFTA offices this morning.

And I'll be throwing tramped dandelions at them!