Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Trash vs Second City Blues - Rd 1 Heat 43

Started by Colin YNWA, 30 November, 2021, 06:26:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Week 6 and, brace yourself, we get over the half way marker in Round 1... yes when I said this was the biggest of these things yet I wasn't messing about! We're not even half way... in Round 1... and Round 2 is bigger than Round 1 before you get your hopes up... we're in for the long haul here folks!

Shall we have a sweepstake on how long it takes before someone makes a joke about Trash being the most aptly named series in the comics rich history?... does that count as making a joke about Trash being the most aptly named strip in the comic's rich history??? Mind look at that Art! The art was so lush. Big fan of Second City Blues as well - flying skateboard horse men and all and it too had great art so...

Which most rattles your thrill-receptors:

Trash - more info

Vs.

Second City Blues - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Friday 3rd December and the winner gets a place in Round 2 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

Nigel Dobbyn's art in Trash was great but I will go for Second City Blues
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

AlexF

Second City Blues, no hesitation. Bit too much plot for its own good at times, but it's great fun. Trash is only readable as a rather unpleasant portrait of a man with a severe form of OCD that sees him preserving a dandelion at all costs while also happily burning fossil fuels and blowing things up. Nice hat though.

Link Prime

Blue Cactus

Nice art on Trash.

Prefer Second City Blues. Would have been up for another series of that at the time.

Southstreeter

Second City Blues though I didn't like it that much. Trash, however, is what springs to mind whenever I recall uninspiring stuff from the dark ages of the 90s.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Magnetica

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Colin YNWA

Wow both todays ties are turning into much closer battles than I was expecting. That's why I love this tourney, its defining my expectations and showing what a gloriously diverse bunch we are!

O Lucky Stevie!

Trash looked gorgeous & no mistake. Yet it felt like it was being deliberately pitched at younger readers. This tale of the twee eco-cop felt (ahem) forced.

Second City Blues was a classic IPC sports strip. It didn't talk down to the kids.

So Second City Blues it is.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Colin YNWA

Well this one hasn't inspired and is it possible Trash will make it through? Second City Blues is a very underated thrill in my eyes, maybe you all only have eyes for Nigel Dobbyn art? Either way I'll count up in the morning and let you know which way this has gone, so get ya vote in today.