Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Kelly’s Eye vs. Brigand Doom Round 2 Heat 85

Started by Colin YNWA, 30 March, 2022, 06:33:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Big week this one, not just as we have some interesting ties and a couple of big name thrills, well at least in my eyes. Mainly though as we hit a very significant milestone, one I'll talk (or have talked about... copy and paste a lot here!) more about Tuesday...

Two thrill with protagonists that seemingly couldn't die. I guess the question therefore is how well they built tension and excitement given that was the case?

Kelly's Eye - more info

Vs

Brigand Doom - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday April 2nd  and the winner gets a place in Round 3 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN

broodblik

Brigand Doom. I would like both these to be collected one day as well.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sheridan

CalHab

Magnetica

abelardsnazz

Hmmm a 90s face-off - going to go for Brigand Doom as it had oodles of atmosphere despite never really going anywhere.

Blue Cactus

Brigand Doom, just wish it had developed into a satisfying arc. Love D'Antiquis's art.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Link Prime

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 30 March, 2022, 12:32:47 PM
Who very much needs a floppy. As it were.

Not difficult to imaging that the contents of those vials were blue in colour.
< Plink >

Has to be Brigand Doom in this match up.
I'd purchase a complete collection without hesitation.

Funt Solo

Brigand Doom was a zombie romance years before Shaun of the Dead popularized the genre.

Kelly's Eye has a difficult premise: an entirely invulnerable man keeps being shot at by ... idiots? His one weakness? Nope, sorry - didn't you hear us? He's invulnerable. Okay, so the problems he faces are more nuanced than just physical danger? Nope, sorry. He just gets into physical non-danger. The exciting part is that he's invulnerable!!! For 70 pages.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

rogue69

AlexF

Hey, Kelly's Eye managed to be fun despite itself. Although at a certain point you have to winder if Brett Ewins 'copy/paste' approach to the art on many pages of that series were in fact a meta-dig at the script.

But yeah, invulnerable man had limited appeal, certainly compared with the zombie Highwayman, who may in fact have been a drug-induced hallucination / astral projection of a messed-up police officer all along.

Brigand Doom

Colin YNWA

Kelly's Eye does look quite son indestructible now. You have a day to save its skin and I'll count up in the morning.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Brigand Doom didn't even need to crack a vial in this one. Kelly might have been indestructable but that didn't make the series interesting enough to even pull a vote!

Brigand Doom

will be holding you up for votes in Round 3.

JayzusB.Christ

Despite being a shameless rip-off of V for Vendetta, I hadn't read V at the time and quite enjoyed Brigand Doom.  Kelly's Eye, on the other hand, had a decent start in the Action Special but kind of went nowhere in the prog.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"