Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Blackhawk vs. Red Seas Rd 3 Heat 45

Started by Colin YNWA, 15 June, 2022, 06:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

Given that The Red Seas is a cornerstone of the Edgiverse, it seems foolish not to repost this here:

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

You should never need an excuse to publish that. its simply brilliant and you should just post it every day to remind folks!

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

I have absolutely no love for Steve Yeowell's art I'm afraid- but of his work, I preferred it when there wasn't an ink shortage down his way. Blackhawk is okay, I guess, but I wins this vote for me. 

SBT

Magnetica

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 16 June, 2022, 05:26:33 PM
I have absolutely no love for Steve Yeowell's art I'm afraid- but of his work, I preferred it when there wasn't an ink shortage down his way. Blackhawk is okay, I guess, but I wins this vote for me. 

SBT

Just shows we all like different things. For me Zenith phase one has some of the best art in 2000AD ever. I even have the Apex edition. It was though probably his most detailed work.

Colin YNWA

I thought Red Seas has this but recently voting has shifted back to Blackhawk and so to my increasing inaccurate eye scans last day votes could get this one. I'll let you know in the morning.

Blue Cactus

Quote from: Funt Solo on 15 June, 2022, 10:12:45 PM
Given that The Red Seas is a cornerstone of the Edgiverse, it seems foolish not to repost this here:

WOW! Lovely work!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Well that's a relief. I really thought Blackhawk would take this. For me Blackhawk is one of the strips most shrouded in nostaglia. Its visually stunning but drifts all over the place. It has loads of cool elements which drift all over the place but does hold together at all. Red Seas drifts but with direction and drive and while it might take a circuitous route but its always going forward and doing it well. Oh and that art. Too stripped back for some but always conveying the power and wonder of the world it joyously explores. So... ahem... I'm pleased to announce

Red Seas

well still be afloat for Round 4.

broodblik

Blackhawk only worked in Tornado, in the prog it felt like a forced sci-fi story because that is what prog needed another sci-fi story. Belardinelli's art which was used to create strange and weird characters is not always my favourite. So the right thrill won here
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.