Main Menu

Titan Graphic Novels spotted in the Works

Started by Pyroxian, 22 March, 2004, 07:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyroxian

I went into the Works (discount book store thingy) in Leicester on Saturday and found 4 boxes of Titan Graphic Novels going for ?1.99 - ?3.99 each. So I spent ?40... I've only seen 'em in Leicester - I had a look in both Oxford ones this morning but no sign of them, so I don't know if they'll be around anywhere else in the country - but might be worth a check.

Off the top of my head I got: 3 Marshall Law GNs, Swamp Thing Book 4, The Invisibles Book 1, Y the Last Man (which isn't _that_ bad), Hitman Book 1, Judge Dredd: Cursed Earth: JD: Judge Child Quest, ABC Warriors: Mek-nificent 7, Slaine the King, Skizz, Complete Dr & Quinch - umm, and a Judge Anderson one (Triad?), and another Slaine (The Horned God Part 1 I think). Oh and one of the Warren Ellis Stormwatch GNs (which is interesting to read after having read the Authority).

They had a pile more Dredd GNs (Necropolis, Emerald Isle, Helter Skelter), lots of Transformers too. They also had 1 copy of JD: America which my mate grabbed before I could - bastard!

Steve

paulvonscott

DAMN!

Bah, anyone have a list of works outlets?  Sadly I'm in Bracknell and there's nothing much here of any interest.  The remaindered book sop has become remaindered itself since I last visited.

Mr D

Holy Hell!!!

Anyone near one of these shebangs? Can you grab me some stuff? I'll pay you for them! Up to ?25 worth please - even that is a bit much, but still...

Up to ?30 if there's REALLY good stuff.

Generally Contrary

Right-o, I'll be checking out my local 'Works' on the way back.

For all those in Cardiff, check out the Golden Grove Bargain Bookstore in the town centre.  They often have GN going cheap.

And if you're in York, get to the Yorkshire Book Sale (or whatever it is called) before I do.  Plenty of GN in there (upstairs).  That's on the corner opposite the Food Weighhouse.

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

DavidXBrunt

If anyone can grab me a Day The Law Died or even better Judge Child I'd be ever so gratefull.

Link: I

thrillpowerseeker

Just been in the Hull branch...Nothing..Zero..Zilch..Jack Shit..I need to move

Matt

I asked a guy who worked in the branch in Leeds ages ago when I found a complete stash of Preacher GNs, how come mates in other cities couldn't buy em in their local branch. Turns out that each store is responsible for ordering in the titles they want to sell. Some store managers have spotted how well comic books sell at discount prices, whilst sadly others have not. My advice, if you spot a bunch of GN's in any discount book store buy as many as you can afford. Then flog em on ebay or be kind hearted and sell em at cost to the board! ;)