Main Menu

Daytime TV is Great!

Started by Byron Virgo, 25 October, 2005, 06:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Byron Virgo

Having found that I'm on holiday (having turned up for work this morning...again!), I ended up watching daytime tv.

Apparently Trisha is on Channel 5 now - she was talking to an overweight gay man when a sign appeared on the screen beneath the man that read "He Loves His Fags".

I also got the wonder of seeing Ross Kemp on thios morning (after his performance on Richard & Judy yesterday), and he really is a bit of a luvvie. In fact, he's pretty much exactly as he appeared to be in Extras, only a bit slimier.

I'll never be able to take Ultimate force seriously again.

Bico

Some of us never did - that's why we enjoyed it.

And we all know you're just building up to telling us all how great Diagnosis Murder is.

Wils

Has Gary taken you over on the cellular level, Ed? ;)

Wils

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/hamaliel/gthing.jpg">

Adrian Bamforth

Around the time of the last election they did a poll on Loose Women, completely without irony: "Can you not be bothered to vote? Vote in out poll and tell us! (all calls 25p)"

ADE

Dark Jimbo

Anyone seen the episode of Diagnosis Murder where Dick Van Dyke plays not only his normal character but about five other members of his family, including a woman?

The image of him in a bridal veil wearing lipstick and talking in a silly high-pitched voice will haunt me for ever.
@jamesfeistdraws

Bico

Byron Virgo

Wils - never post that picture again. I'm still trying to forget the time that he touched me...

Diagnosis Murder is occasionally great though - I used to hate it, but I've seen it on a couple of occasions recently, and it was great. One of the cast members was geting abducted by aliens, but it turned out to be the machinations of a variety of former Star Trek actors attempting to drive him so insane the he'd try and shoot Dick Van Dyke. Or something.

Funt Solo

Now Columbo - there's your class right there.
An angry nineties throwback who needs to get a room ... at a lesbian gymkhana.

Byron Virgo

Artificial Idiot

"One of the cast members was geting abducted by aliens, but it turned out to be the machinations of a variety of former Star Trek actors attempting to drive him so insane the he'd try and shoot Dick Van Dyke. Or something."

I remember that one! Was great! The one where everybody thought the homeless bum (who actually used to be an up and coming medical student) had killed somebody was great too. I don't remember why, it just was.

Roger Godpleton

I love Diagnosis Murder. There was an episode where this evil bureaucrat lady was giving Dick a hard time, and I thought "I wonder if she'll get killed and subsequently, Dick'll get the blame". Lo and behold...
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Byron Virgo

Or there was the episode that had Dick Van Dyke's actual brother playing his fictional brother, who they think is randomly murdering people in his sleep whilst at the hospital for a hernia operation.

Roger Godpleton

CITV is best though. Bring back Fun House.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

johnnystress

tv during the day seems to be nothing but a relentless assault of cash in the attic car boot antiques roadshow, sell, sell, youre going to die soon, cash in now! sort of shows

which can be entertaining

a salt shaker bought for 50 p was worth ?1500

mad eh?