Main Menu

Complete Case Files to be REALLY Complete.

Started by Max Headroom, 10 July, 2008, 05:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Headroom

Hi There,

Does anyone in 2000ad-land agree with me that it is a real shame that the Complete Case Files of Judge Dredd do not seem to be re-printing all the stories which appeared in the various Sci-Fi and Winter Specials, Annuals and Poster Progs that have graced us over the years. The exceptions have been, of course, the stories from the 1979 2000AD Annual and, most recently, from the 1985 Sci-Fi Special, but the omens don't look good at all that they will all be in there eventually. Perhaps some may see this as a minor point; but I personally like to see all loose ends tied up and all worthy stories (which they all are) included in collections. (It would also save me trying to hunt down nice copies of these issues on Ebay which feature these extra stories!)
And just to annoy me, the Nemesis Poster Prog story did not make it into the third volume of The Complete Nemesis when it really couldn't have cost much to include it.

Regards

Max Headroom

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Bad Andy

Well they could all be collected into one stand alone volume.

But it would be largely shit in quality and there'd be no way I would buy it.
I'm assuming this would satisfy the collectors?

Richard

Case Files vol. 3 was a missed opportunity in this regard. Look how thin that volume was compared with all of the others (yet it cost the same). They could have had the entire Judge Child story in that voume instead of in volume 4, or they could have included all the black-and-white annual and special stories, and it would still have only been a modest size.