Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

Quote from: The Prodigal on 04 January, 2013, 09:02:22 AM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 29 December, 2012, 03:55:01 PM
She is BRILLIANT

I cannot conceive of how anyone can regard someone who wanted to dismantle the welfare state as brilliant.

Abolish the NHS is a brilliant notion?

I dearly hope you are a wum.
Let's not forget sending mounted police in against men trying to save their jobs. That was a classic.

The Prodigal

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 04 January, 2013, 09:07:53 AM
She is BRILLIANT

I cannot conceive of how anyone can regard someone who wanted to dismantle the welfare state as brilliant.

Let's not forget sending mounted police in against men trying to save their jobs. That was a classic.

Nothing like a cavalry charge against pesky workers to get the blood up Richmond!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: The Prodigal on 04 January, 2013, 09:11:59 AM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 04 January, 2013, 09:07:53 AM
She is BRILLIANT

Nothing like a cavalry charge against pesky workers to get the blood up Richmond!
Damn right! Keep 'em in their place I say!

Professor Bear

I see nothing wrong with charging people to be schooled or receive medical aid.  Helps thin the herd, refines the gene pool, makes the workforce stronger.  People need reminding their money belongs to their feudal overlords and betters, and that they are merely borrowing it at best.

Quote from: judgefloyd on 23 December, 2012, 01:54:57 AMon an unrelated point, does anyone else get annoyed by politicians taking credit where none is due?

Here in Northern Ireland, the cap on decades of civil war and terrorism was a local politician taking credit for the ceasefire he not only had fuck all to do with, but actively undermined.  They actually made him First Minister and gave him the Nobel peace prize for his supposed efforts in rebuilding cross-community government which he then walked out on in an attempt to destroy the ceasefire and send thousands more innocent people to their deaths.

TordelBack

That Nobel Peace Prize is a fickle ol' bird.

Spikes

From Gotcha to Gertcha

One trick pony, and Argentine president, Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner may be a joke, but im not sure the Sun wading in is the best idea. Still..

Dandontdare

Quote from: TotalHack on 04 January, 2013, 11:28:54 AM
That Nobel Peace Prize is a fickle ol' bird.

my brain is sludgy with flu germs but I don't get it - what's the link between the NPP and that picture? I thought it had been awarded to the whole of europe this year (which is odd enough....)

Stan

I was a little confused by that too and assumed it was a general reference to Barack Obama continuing George's Bush's mass murder policy. Though I don't even think Bush openly worked with Al Qaeda.

COMMANDO FORCES

I shall have to look back at my history books to see when the NHS was stopped by Thatcher, as I don't recall her actually doing such a thing. We all know that cabinet meetings come up with strange bollocks from all parties and most of the time those ideas are left at that, ideas.

As for the Miners strike, I witnessed unlawful things done by both sides at the Easington Mine but I don't pick one side and believe only that because it suits me.

Dandontdare

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 04 January, 2013, 02:26:27 PM
I shall have to look back at my history books to see when the NHS was stopped by Thatcher, as I don't recall her actually doing such a thing. We all know that cabinet meetings come up with strange bollocks from all parties and most of the time those ideas are left at that, ideas.

because they know they couldn't get away with it. The point is that recently released cabinet documents show that she WANTED to get rid of the welfare state and the NHS, but more sensible people advsied her it would be suicide. So she's still an evil c*nt in my book. These days Cameron's trying to do the same thing bit by bit in the hope we don't notice.

And when it comes to "illegal acts", I think we're entitled to expect a higher standard of behaviour in that regard when it comes to peoiple in blue uniforms. The wholesale assaults, lies, frame-ups and cover ups were just scandalous, as recent revalations show. Unfortunately, we've had to wait 30 years for even partial truth to come out.

Out of interest, which bits did you witness? Or do you mean witness as in "read all the lies in the media"?

Thankfully, today's police hate tories just as much as lefties so Cameron will never be able to use them as a paramilitary force like Thatcher did!

Professor Bear

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 04 January, 2013, 02:26:27 PMAs for the Miners strike, I witnessed unlawful things done by both sides at the Easington Mine but I don't pick one side and believe only that because it suits me.

Arguably it is worse when the police conspire to break the law and pervert the course of justice than when desperate, angry mobs lash out.  Kind of like it's slightly more worrying if a Tory MP mauls a toddler than if a bulldog does it - the dog will pay for its transgression, but the Tory MP will chalk it up to being misquoted by the Guardian and get his job back in a year's time.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Dandontdare on 04 January, 2013, 02:38:33 PM
Or do you mean witness as in "read all the lies in the media"?

It was something of a revelation to me when I saw the uncut rushes of BBC News' film of the 'Battle of Orgreave' -- in the report broadcast on the news that evening, the pickets are clearly shown throwing objects at the police, after which the police mount a horseback charge on the miners. In the rushes, these two events happen the other way around. The rushes have a timecode on them, which makes the sequence of events difficult to dispute.

QuoteAnd when it comes to "illegal acts", I think we're entitled to expect a higher standard of behaviour in that regard when it comes to peoiple in blue uniforms.

The Met, in particular, were notorious for their behaviour during the Miners' Strike -- they would remove the identifying insignia and PC numbers from their uniforms before deployment.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

COMMANDO FORCES

I presume you mean those police involved in the plebgate story. Just who can you believe nowadays!

Come on DDD, you must know me by now. I only ever try to quote facts from official sites from the organisations involved and through left wing media, as I feel that will be believed more.

As for the mine at Easington, seeing as that is where my mam comes from and many of my family live, along with Horden, I spent many a year in those places and so witnessed quite a lot of stuff with my own eyes. I was also told stuff that went on but never made the press. Interesting times!
I hope the fact that I lived there helps ;)

Richmond Clements

As a well know comic character once said, "When a judge breaks the Law, there is no Law."

Professor Bear

I demand to hear some of CF's firsthand experiences so I can give them a fair and balanced evaluation before dismissing them as scurrilous lefty lies.

SPILL, you communist!