Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MercZ

I saw this come up on the twitter feed. I think it's another example of a guy reading Dredd straight to a fault.

http://conservativehome.blogs.com/thecolumnists/2013/03/paul-abbott-what-conservatives-can-learn-from-comic-books.htm

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote"He has such a passion for painting, it's amazing," His teacher said. "He's going to go down in the history books as a great artist."

Oh I don't think that's what he'll be remembered for.

http://news.sky.com/story/1062501/george-w-bush-ex-presidents-dog-doodles

Spikes

I was going say summat about Hitler, and his love of painting, but i changed my mind.

JOE SOAP

Any idiot can be president or paint, doesn't mean they'll be good at it.

TordelBack

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 09 March, 2013, 10:55:40 PM

Are you accusing pencil-monkeys of nepotism?  Other than Hector and various Breughels, of course.

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 10 March, 2013, 09:35:08 AM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 09 March, 2013, 10:55:40 PM

Are you accusing pencil-monkeys of nepotism?  Other than Hector and various Breughels, of course.

It's the Robson and Potter lettering dynasties which fill the coffers of the Bildeberg group and represent the true evil loose in the world today. Martin Amis and Leah Moore similarly inhibit the advancement of the proletariat. Politics.

IAMTHESYSTEM

There's only ever been one conspiracy; the Rich against the rest of us and they are definitely winning at the moment.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Ancient Otter

JayzusB.Christ

Jesus.  Printing guns* for free in your own home.  I don't know whether to smile or run away screaming.

*It's always guns with 3D printers, isn't it?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Ancient Otter

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 12 March, 2013, 10:00:24 PM
Jesus.  Printing guns* for free in your own home.  I don't know whether to smile or run away screaming.

*It's always guns with 3D printers, isn't it?

Could try and make something more nasty than guns if you read the quote in the article:

The blueprints available on the site will be for "important stuff", he said. "Not trinkets, not garden gnomes but the things institutions and industries have an interest in keeping from us; access, medical devices, drugs, goods, guns."

soggy

That article about the 3D printer was clearly written by somebody without a clue about the topic.

Ignoring his confusion regarding copyright-free/copyright flouting in the introduction, he seems to think a 3D printer is akin to a Star Trek Replicator. Drugs - only if your drug of choice is a lump of plastic.

I could go on but....

S

Modern Panther

Id be slightly more concerned about the impending economic collapse when companies realize that a few printers are more cost effective than a factory of badly paid workers.  A whole bunch of Chinese people are going to be pissed.

JayzusB.Christ

QuoteDrugs - only if your drug of choice is a lump of plastic.

I thought of that, too. If it was that easy all drug dealers would be out of a job.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 13 March, 2013, 05:44:44 PM
If it was that easy all drug dealers would be out of a job.

Sitting around, smoking marijuana, eating Cheetos and masturbating do not constitute 'plans.'

Ancient Otter

Quote from: soggy on 13 March, 2013, 04:50:26 PMThat article about the 3D printer was clearly written by somebody without a clue about the topic.

The quote about manufacturing drugs came from the person who is setting up the 3D printing site (and has already designed a 3D printable gun), not the writers of the article, just to clarify that.