Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Prog / Re: Prog 2282 - Out for Blood
« Last post by broodblik on Today at 04:55:29 AM »
Good prog with another fantastic cover by Tiernen. Interesting prog where all the episodes end on a “cliffhanger”

Dredd – All the parts of the story are slowly starting to form, and it will be an interesting few weeks to see how everything works out (or not). I also feel the Wagner/Bolland vibe here great story so far.

Hope – The investigating is going slowly with no real indication where it is headed towards and who is responsible. Mostly a slow burner as another attack on Hope with the episode ends on a cliffhanger.

Brink – A lot of talking until the final few panels ending on a creepy note. Abnett likes to keep us on the edge of our seats.

Dexter – A good sideshow from the main event. Another episode that ends on a cliffhanger.

Fiends – I am enjoying the mythology of the world created by Edginton. We have a more action-oriented episode as we have another story ending on a cliffhanger. As with the first sinner I believe that this is Cain from the Bible (book of Genesis as Richard said).
General / Re: Forthcoming Thrills - 2022
« Last post by broodblik on Today at 04:09:03 AM »
The Out Webshop Exclusive Edition:

Off Topic / Re: RIPs
« Last post by Batman's Superior Cousin on Today at 12:43:37 AM »
Actress, screenwriter and director Kay Mellor, known for Fat Friends, The Syndicate, Girlfriends and Band of Gold, has died aged 71.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61478428
Bogie is great fun, but Artie is one of the best 2000 AD (bad) character ever, HH from me.
 I loved a lot of Spurriers work for 2000, but never got LR.  I really liked the Vort until that reveal. So its The Dead, good Milligan script with Massimos last great 2000 AD work, underrated TBH.
Games / Re: Evercade Console
« Last post by IndigoPrime on 17 May, 2022, 11:33:06 PM »
For me, this cart scratches no retro itch. I don’t like any of the games on it. As for inside info: nope. I’ve reviewed both units but that’s it. I think we can infer from their existence (as in, that there was a follow-up) that sales must be at least OK. The ecosystem appears to have a strong following. It does appear, though, that the tendency is towards more obscure licenses. It’s a pity there’s no Namco Arcade or Taito Arcade cart.
Off Topic / Re: The Black Dog Thread
« Last post by Jade Falcon on 17 May, 2022, 10:12:23 PM »
Depression seems to be getting worse again.  I have an old 2006 VW Golf, a couple of months ago I spent a bit trying to solve water leakage problems that were coming into the drivers and passengers front footwell.  Now, it's back, making me feel that the money spent was a total waste.

Add to that I just feel down.  I started going to a local church after going to a jobclub being run from there.  I got friendly with a woman there, and a few times offered to give her a lift home when she had missed her bus or the weather wasn't great.  I wasn't trying to come on to her and I said that basically I just wanted some friendship (she has a boyfriend anyway), but now, I seem to be getting the cold shoulder or maybe I'm just imagining it.

I'm not really particularly enjoying the voluntary work at the hospice, to be honest I miss the book shop, both browsing in it and working in it because I'm such a book nerd.  I'm still REALLY pissed about being banned unjustly.  I can't seem to focus my mind on anything very easily, and although I've read a few graphic novels I can't seem to focus on any of my actual fiction novels.  There's an art club apparently going to start but not till autumn this year and every day is just empty and meaningless.

Still finding it very hard to get a proper sleep pattern.  I don't think there would be much point going to the doctors as I imagine the first thing offered would be sleeping pills, which on top of all I take anyway is just not desirable.  I just find existence meaningless and if I could find a quick way out tomorrow would probably elect for it.
General / Re: Space Spinner 2000AD
« Last post by Leigh S on 17 May, 2022, 09:34:05 PM »
Given its Alan McKenzie, my guess would be its a script he just wanted to get published so he could bump up his fees - maybe it was a rejected tale from elsewhere, but the art looks like it is all Mick Austin rather than being subbed in by someone else
Film & TV / New Series Of Black Mirror.
« Last post by IAMTHESYSTEM on 17 May, 2022, 09:24:55 PM »
The techno obsessed anthology series returns for Season Six.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/global/black-mirror-season-6-netflix-1235266891/
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10