Main Menu

New trades listed

Started by Batman's Superior Cousin, 05 August, 2008, 01:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Goggans

Here's how I count ~340 pages of Anderson, from Hand o' Tharg:

The Haunting, 1 episode [6 pgs], 1984 2000 AD Annual (Aug. 1983). Story by "Staccato" (Alan Grant), art by Kim Raymond.
The Mind of Edward Bottlebum, 1 episode [6 pgs], 1985 Judge Dredd Annual (Aug. 1984). Story by John Wagner & Alan Grant, art by "Emberton" (Ian Gibson).
Four Dark Judges, 12 episodes [62 pgs], 2000 AD progs 416-427 (May to July 1985). Story by John Wagner & Alan Grant, art by Brett Ewins (pts 1-7), Cliff Robinson (pts 8-10 & 12) and Robin Smith (pt 11).
A Fistful of Denimite, 1 episode [6 pgs], 1986 Judge Dredd Annual (Aug. 1985). Story by John Wagner & Alan Grant, art by Ian Gibson.
The Possessed, 11 episodes [57 pgs], 2000 AD progs 468-478 (May to July 1986). Story by "Rick Clark" (Alan Grant), art by Brett Ewins.
Golem, 1 episode [7 pgs], 1987 2000 AD Annual (Aug. 1986). Story by Alan Grant, art by Enric Romero.
Hour of the Wolf, 12 episodes [62 pgs], 2000 AD progs 520-531 (May to July 1987). Story by John Wagner & Grant, art by Barry Kitson (pts 1-10) and Will Simpson (pts 11-12).
A Soldier's Tale, 1 episode [? pgs], 1988 Judge Dredd Annual (Aug. 1987). Story by Alan Grant, art by Mike Collins.
Dredd: The Brain Stem Man [6 pgs], 2000 AD prog 587 (8/13/88). Story by Alan Grant, art by Barry Kitson. (need this, it leads into Helios)
Nights Like This, 1 episode [? pgs], 2000 AD Winter Special 1 (Dec. 1988). Story by Alan Grant, art by Ian Gibson.
Contact, 3 episodes [15 pgs], 20000 AD progs 607-609 (Jan. 1989). Story by Alan Grant, art by Mark Farmer.
Beyond the Void, 2 episodes [10 pgs], 2000 AD progs 612-613 (Feb. 1989). Story by Alan Grant, art by Mick Austin.
Helios, 9 episodes [46 pgs], 2000 AD progs 614-622 (Feb. to Apr. 1989). Story by Alan Grant, art by David Roach.
PSI-JUDGE COREY: Leviathan's Farewell, 1989 Sci-Fi Special (June 1989)

BPP

DO WE GET TO SEND BACK THE ANDERSON PSI THING FOR A REFUND?
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Grant Goggans

The DC/Rebellion collection of 4DK/Possessed/Wolf?  No, you get to give your copy to a squaxx in training if you don't want it any longer!

TordelBack

QuoteDredd: The Brain Stem Man [6 pgs], 2000 AD prog 587 (8/13/88). Story by Alan Grant, art by Barry Kitson. (need this, it leads into Helios)

Agreed, but it's just been reprinted in Casefiles 12.  Oh, and it's pretty poor stuff.

Dash Decent

Amazon are now listing another attempt by Prion - "The Best of Judge Dredd", 3 Aug 2009, 304 pages.  Let's hope they don't underutilise that lovely chunky hardcover goodness like last time.

Also, the blurb for Case Files 14 says it has Necropolis in it, and the "Necropolis" GN has disappeared from Amazon.  If this isn't just an Amazon glitch, I'm pleased both because it means the Case Files will be complete (at least as far as the prog is concerned) and it shows Rebellion love us enough to stop us double-dipping.  They could've easily released the GN and left us guessing about the Case Files.  At the very least it makes up for Robo Hunter now coming out in a 'Files' edition.  But it had better have the stuff not included in the trades or the EE - Samantha Slade at the very least!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: "Dash Decent"Amazon are now listing another attempt by Prion - "The Best of Judge Dredd", 3 Aug 2009, 304 pages
The Random of Judge Dredd, if it's anything like the other book. Still, more Dredd is better than less.

QuoteAlso, the blurb for Case Files 14 says it has Necropolis in it, and the "Necropolis" GN has disappeared from Amazon.  If this isn't just an Amazon glitch
It's not—Necropolis was canned months back and Dead Man shifted to December.

ThryllSeekyr

QuoteDash Decent wrote:
Amazon are now listing another attempt by Prion - "The Best of Judge Dredd", 3 Aug 2009, 304 pages
The Random of Judge Dredd, if it's anything like the other book. Still, more Dredd is better than less.

Damn, no picture!

//http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_d?url=search-alias%3Ddvd&field-keywords=the+best+of+judge+dredd

As I said on another thread 'The Best of 2000Ad' is a hefty, handsome tome and a good way to introduce a newcomer to the 2000AD fold.

Dash Decent

Quote from: "ThryllSeekyr"Damn, no picture!

//http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_d?url=search-alias%3Ddvd&field-keywords=the+best+of+judge+dredd

Cover picture is now up.  And look what it says about the contents - looks like they learned from their mistakes!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Leigh S

Quote from: "Dash Decent"
Quote from: "ThryllSeekyr"Damn, no picture!

Cover picture is now up.  And look what it says about the contents - looks like they learned from their mistakes!

Cool - the best of 2000AD really is the "vaguely representative of early 2000AD, with a bit of a mild swerve towards the cheesier very early strips and Mean Team"

This could and should be a representative selection of strips that show how Dredd has developed over the whole 32 years, with a slant on avoiding the few negative periods (conveyor belts!) and talking up the many positive.  If so, I might even buy it!

IndigoPrime

Look at the page count and then look at what they claim's going to be included. I'll bet many of the multi-parters will be lacking many of their parts, like the 2000 AD book.

Leigh S

Quote from: "IndigoPrime"Look at the page count and then look at what they claim's going to be included. I'll bet many of the multi-parters will be lacking many of their parts, like the 2000 AD book.

Thats not too much of a problem, given it would serve better more a taster of Dredds best moments than as a coherent collection of complete tales.

IndigoPrime

It kind of renders the thing a tad pointless, though, especially if more modern stories are used where single episodes make little sense out of context. One episode of America wouldn't be worth bothering with, for example.

Leigh S

Quote from: "IndigoPrime"It kind of renders the thing a tad pointless, though, especially if more modern stories are used where single episodes make little sense out of context. One episode of America wouldn't be worth bothering with, for example.

Maybe, though I'm assuming the market is mostly for the nostalgia purchaser - they aren't buying this to collect the whole story, but to be reminded of that strip they used to like.  Whole stories are better than incomplete, but that said, a sprinkling of powerful episodes from stories that otherwise wouldnt fit would seem a pretty good way to proceed - might even lead to a few more sales of the complete America and Case files.

Colin YNWA

You'd think they'll have to be very careful how they price this. After all if the casual reader wants a nostalgia hit when they see this on the shelves next to a whole load of Case Files, which may well be cheaper (no price on this yet but since its hardcover you'd assume it'd be more expensive) you'd think they'd go for the Case Files. Especially since that might have a whole load of stories from whatever era of 2000ad they have dabbled in in the past, rather than a bit here and a bit there?

Dandontdare

This may seem a dumb question but....what exactly is a "trade" paperback (TPB), as opposed to a regular ol' paperback? Does it mean something specific, or is it just one of those jargony terms meaning collected issues?