Main Menu

Black Hawk Watership Down

Started by wrly_bird, 27 March, 2009, 09:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrly_bird

Apparently this is trailer for a new anime series called "CatShitOne".

".....!"

//http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40566

Colin YNWA

Saw that on The Beat the other day and its brillant. Alas appraently its just try out and no production is confirmed yet?

Radbacker

saw that a bit earlier today but didn't have sound as work computer, still looked cool though.  Canmels are always funny :D

The Legendary Shark

Oh, fantastic! "Saving Private Sooty"
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

worldshown

Looks interesting.

The manga it's based on is known as "Apocalype Meow" in English speaking countries.

Kerrin

That's one of the most bizarre things I've seen in a while, well, apart from Godpleton's 'Youtube Gold' links of course.
Brilliant!

Bouwel

Mm...rabbit stew for tea!

That's...odd, yet strangely interesting.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

JOE SOAP

I'm amazed by the tone of how "played straight" this is.

The Legendary Shark

I can't wait for the obligatory outraged Daily Mail reading mum to go off on one about how sick and twisted it is to see cute cgi bunnies being gunned down in the street whilst not giving a toss about real Iraqi schoolkids being blown to bits in real airstrikes.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Devons Daddy

its The Unit for childrens hour isnt it? CTV they call it now dont they?

truthly looks very good, potentailly a winner,
not quite telly tubbies, but huge marketing potentail for certain demographics,
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Peter Wolf

They look like Rabbit Mercenaries to me.

Do they get paid in Carrots ?

I like the look of this as its bizarre.Fluffy Rabbits engaging in violent activity shouldnt work but it sort of does but i cant help thinking that Cats and Dogs would have been a better proposition.The Camels are a bit boring looking.

So why the title "Cat Shit One" ?

I suppose it sounds better than Rabbit Shit One unless there are Cats involved somewhere.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

worldshown

Quote from: "peterwolf"So why the title "Cat Shit One" ?

I suppose it sounds better than Rabbit Shit One unless there are Cats involved somewhere.

The manga version is set during the Vietnam War with Americans depicted as rabbits, because Japanese for rabbit is 'usagi' (USA + GI, geddit!), fighting the natives, who are depicted as cats. Other nationalities are depicted as animals as well i.e. Brits as rats, Japanese as monkeys and the French as pigs.

The animation is instead set in the Middle East, therefore the Iraqis/Taliban replace the Vietnamese and are depicted as camels.

And Alan Moore complains about how his work is treated!

Other than being the name of the unit in the magna, I have no idea what the significance of "Cat Shit One" is.