Main Menu

Im gonna take a stanley knife to 100 progs

Started by Judge Kirby, 27 March, 2009, 10:33:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judge Kirby

just wanted to get some fellow thrill seekers opinions.  :evil: i do feel kinda weird, if this dosnt work out im gonna have one hell of a hole in my collection.

BPP

you are mad

Save up get some proper binders made and the issues inserted. Am sure I read somewhere one of the writers doing this - grant maybe?
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Judge Kirby

Quote from: "BPP"you are mad

Save up get some proper binders made and the issues inserted. Am sure I read somewhere one of the writers doing this - grant maybe?

yeah but then id open the binder take the issue out read six pages of strip then put it back in and take out the next issue. id like to just have it all there with easy access, not so much a storage problem.

IndigoPrime

Anyone remember that bound collection of 2000 AD on eBay a few years back? That looked rather lovely.

The Legendary Shark

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

...oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooo!!!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

James Stacey

I hooked out a load of old battle action force comics from the parents loft a week or so ago. I had forgotten that I had, but thats what I had done with those. Regret it now. It really isn't that hard to pick a prog off the top of a stack and put it face down on top of the other when reading through. As others have said, get the casefiles. They don't make your fingers dirty either.

Colin YNWA

Or if you're determined why not look up a locate binding service so that you can get a nice neat job done rather than a DIY job you might regret later?

House of Usher

Getting them bound professionally costs about £25 per volume: between 10 and 20 comics. Roughly speaking, the binding costs about the same as the value of the comics within. But don't go cutting them up. That way madness lies. That's such an odd plan in this day and age it's like getting a query from 1979!
STRIKE !!!

Judge Kirby

Quote from: "House of Usher"Getting them bound professionally costs about £25 per volume: between 10 and 20 comics. Roughly speaking, the binding costs about the same as the value of the comics within. But don't go cutting them up. That way madness lies. That's such an odd plan in this day and age it's like getting a query from 1979!

25quid! thats even more in euros. im not even working at the moment. no way plus it sounds like an awful lot of trouble. turns out i already had a binder. its not huge but i guess its big enough for a test run. right well here i go. ill be back later to tell you how it went  :shock: i think i have a few multiple copy progs. ill start with them.

Bouwel

Wont anyone think of the poor progs! *sobs*

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

The Legendary Shark

Why not just scan the pages you need? Or download the Progs from that naughty Demonoid?

My hear is breaking, here...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

House of Usher

Quote from: "the_legendary_shark"My hear is breaking, here...
Pardon?
STRIKE !!!

The Legendary Shark

I told you it was breaking. The "t" fell off already.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]