Spoilers > Megazine

Lack of love for the bundled "floppies"?

(1/76) > >>

sheldipez:
I've noticed a couple of peeps have mentioned dropping the bundled floppies / mini graphic novels from the Megazine, and again most recentlly over at the 2000ad.wordpress. I was just wondering if this was the feelings of the majority?

I for one love those things as I get to read up on a bunch of stuff in the same series that I've never read before in one quick succession without having to go hunt down all the progs they appeared in. Though I can kinda see the point of someone who's read them all previously, but is it not good thing being able to re-read the material again in a lump.

Keep them coming please!

Andy Smart:

--- Quote from: sheldipez link=topic=37607.msg732731#msg732731 date=1355835126
Keep them coming please!
[/quote ---
Seconded. I'm always happy to read these even if the material isn't the best. Plus, there's still plenty of stuff that could be reprinted.
--- End quote ---

radiator:
The contents of the Megazine has always been a balancing act ever since they had to start including reprint material 16 years ago.

A Megazine consisting solely of all-new strip material isn't economically viable - and it amazes me that some long-term readers still haven't grasped this.

I kinda like the floppies. There've been a fair few that haven't been to my taste, but I do like the fact that I now have certain niche strips like Strontium Dogs, Durham Red, Downlode Tales etc that are unlikely to be collected elsewhere.

Dandontdare:
The only problem with them is that they sometimes (certainly not always) serve to highlight a poor Meg - if I find that the most enjoyable read out of the whole package is a 20 year old reprint of a  B-list strip, then you have to question what's in the main magazine.

Andy Smart:

--- Quote from: Dandontdare on 18 December, 2012, 01:46:01 PM ---The only problem with them is that they sometimes (certainly not always) serve to highlight a poor Meg - if I find that the most enjoyable read out of the whole package is a 20 year old reprint of a  B-list strip, then you have to question what's in the main magazine.

--- End quote ---

On those occasions I'd rather come away with something than nothing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version