General Chat > Music

Best Cover Versions

<< < (3/37) > >>

TordelBack:

--- Quote from: DaveGYNWA on 12 May, 2014, 06:00:14 PM ---The plague that makes your booty move, it's the Infectious Grooves!

--- End quote ---

Damn, that's good!

DaveGYNWA:

--- Quote from: TordelBack on 13 May, 2014, 01:23:09 PM ---Damn, that's good!

--- End quote ---

Indeed - a great example of how to cover a song (don't just copy it perfectly)

They've got another cover on the same album that one is on ("Sarsippius' Ark"): David Bowie's "Fame"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifzW5TNrIvs

shaolin_monkey:

--- Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 12 May, 2014, 04:37:01 PM ---Oh also the gloriously named Atomic Bitchwax heavy-up early Floyd well.

Jupiter and Saturn - Oberon, Miranda and Titania

--- End quote ---

Oh wow, that was GOOOOD!!!!

My particular fave is almost not a cover.

It is Gary Moore playing Phil Lynott's/Thin Lizzy's 'Black Rose' at a tribute gig to Lynott. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QJl67JwktA

It's not that much of a cover, seeing as Moore actually recorded Black Rose with Lynott on the original LP, but heigh ho, it's still bloody brilliant.  The duelling guitars towards the end always makes my hairs stand up on end.

The clip above is also worth a full watch for the Cowboy Song/Boys are Back in Town cover.

Recrewt:
Some great covers mentioned in this and the other thread.  I agree that Johnny Cash's Hurt is one of the finest I have ever heard.  Special mention also goes to Nirvana's Unplugged covers, especially The Man Who Sold The World.

Anyway, the best cover (which I have eventually worked out based on countless pub discussions) is Joe Cocker's With A Little Help From My Friends.  OK, the original was intentionally manufactured to suit Ringo's 'unique' voice so isn't The Beatles finest but still, look what Joe did with it.

CrazyFoxMachine:
Good call on that Gary Moore version, he was a curmudgeonly sod but he'll be missed for sure.

also ANY excuse to haul out a Mastodon Thin Lizzy cover :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version