Main Menu

SPOILERS! 1327 and Megazine

Started by Leigh S, 10 February, 2003, 06:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

Pat Mills hair is back to normal - hurrah!  Look no further when casting Dredd, Rebellion...

TPO is good this month - nice to see David Bishop give such warm credit to Mr Diggle.

The Meg Dredds another rerun of old themes unfortunately, but OKish I suppose - Wagner really likes his muscley women...

The Juliet November thing is a bit weak though - a mishmash of ideas that doesnt seem to hang together very well - and STUBBLE!! Grrrr....

Daily Star Dredd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
More please.

Over in the prog, Dredd/Aliens starts to develop a plot - Lets just say "I thought as much" about the last page...

VCs is a great self contained tale, though remain to be convinced by the art - its all a bit washed out for a start.

Dante as good as we expect, but whats this? More Telguuth - urk!

All in all, worth taking the day off for - keep up the good works

Leigh S

Having just reread that post, its worth pointing out that Telguuth is a few weeks away..., but news still worthy of an Urk!, surely?

The Monarch

Proudhuff

Telguuth? Drat and double drat, who will rid me of this trubocharged p*sh?
I just got last week's Tooth yesterday! I really should get a subscription...

Middenpud
DDT did a job on me

El Spurioso

It's plausible I'm being a dim-witted scrote-monkey, but where does this week's prog mentioned telguuth?

Leigh S

Sorry El S - its mentioned in the Megazine - not very clear of me there

paulvonscott

Not read it all yet, but...

Ah this weeks prog cover was drawn by an Ant. Mankind is doomed....

Dredd's looking interesting this week, know we get to the real main event I suspect.

Enjoyed the Terror Tale, I did kind of get that she was turning people to stone straight off, but it had some nice startling visuals.

Enjoyed Dante, it started to slip away last week with lots of refernces to this I don't know, but I enjoyed the simple yet absorbing story this week.  I thought they'd reprinted the first episode by mistake again :)

Megazine

Waugh's ticking along, nice Dredd story, Darkies mob is as chilling as it is exciting.

Will read more later, in caefull administered doses of thrill power.

chrisr

Are 2000ad and the Meg both out on the street or are you talking about subs? Sorry to ask but if they are I'm gonna sneak out of work and get 'em:)

paulvonscott

davidbishop

"TPO is good this month - nice to see David Bishop give such warm credit to Mr Diggle."

Only a case of giving credit where credit's due. Andy pulled 2000 AD (and me) back from the brink. We argued like hellcats but it was worth every second to make the comic better.

davidbishop

petemaskreplica

both prog and meg continue to deliver the goods.

special kudos to Gary Wilkinson for getting a story and a letter in the same prog, and Floyd Kermode for having letters in both prog and meg! Is this a record?

There's another letter I noticed in the meg... uh-oh.

DavidXBrunt

Meg -

Great cover. Laughed out loud at the Dredd Cupid.

Dredd - Liked this. Very funny in places.

Family/Black Sidha - Warming to these. Some nice art on both and the stories are staying the right side of cliche avoidace (although it's a close call).

Slaine/Darkie - Never read either of these before. Great tales both. Darkie was especially good in the medical crisis chapter, less keen on the super-hero alike stuff on top of the roof.

T.P.O. - Good as ever. Interesting Dante stuff.

Interview - Nice to see that they can vary the length of these.

Gordons Bit - Funny. What more can you ask for? Free Graphic novels maybe.

November - I liked this a lot. Real different feel to this for a Dredd's world tale.

Waugh - Yeah, like this. More and more please.

Other thing I liked in this issue - the return of the Daily Star Dredd and the upcoming info page. Thouroughly good prog.

2K -

Dredd - Good timing of the plot twist. Nice.

V.C.'s - Liked this. Nice little sci-fi tale.

Terror Tale - Go Gary. Nice tale, didn't see the twist coming, nice tale. Dom Reardon is growing in my esteem.

Dante - Good as ever.

Bec and Kawl - Again, liked this. Very funny in places, the art was great, nice punchline.

These publications are on a roll right now. Nice couple of hours reading and mulling there.

Matt

See Scojo finally made print in this months Meg, even if it was only a letter.

Oddboy

Better set your phaser to stun.

ukdane

Mine hasn't arrived yet, BUT I do like these weeks, where the envelope is big and fat, and full of Thrills!
Looking forward to it!
Cheers

-Daney