Main Menu

FCBD 2015 prog

Started by Mattofthespurs, 02 May, 2015, 10:18:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Stephens

Managed to bag a copy, and I declare it awesome! Hope it does its job and brings in a few new readers.  I'd imagine if I'd only been reading American books, this would blow my socks off!
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

SuperSurfer

Came across this scan of the original Kevin O'Neill artwork that was in the freebie prog. Looks like the lettering is on a cel.

Quite interesting comparing with printed version – which is decent quality I should add, though Torquemada is a bit more magenta in print version.

Jacqusie

Got mine from Disposable Hero's too, bagged & boarded. Great service. Big wad points...

I also selected this beauty;

AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

http://www.disposableheroes.co.uk/free-comic-book-day-2015/fcbd-2015-and-then-emily-was-gone-0-1-per-customer-/prod_156422.html

Highly recommended!

Si

Satanist

I got that as well and the writer was at FP Glasgow signing it which was a nice surprise.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Grobbendonk

If anyone still needs one...

I loved this edition! Goes without saying it was the best of the bunch (again). And even better... I got to read it on paper!

Full Story:
After never getting a single copy in years gone by... I ended up with THREE this year.

Visited Excelsior in Bristol (1st through the door, no queue) and picked one up. Then headed to Forbidden Planet (where there had been queues earlier but none by 11am when I got there) where I got one in my random bag.

1st good deed: my girlfriend overheard a father sadly saying to his girls "I'm very happy you got your Scooby Doo it makes up for not getting my 2000 AD I suppose, sigh". She told me and we handed over a copy! Happy comics reader!

And then for some reason I also ordered one from Disposable Heroes, which arrived fast and perfect.

So now I have 2 - one of them bagged and boarded.

I'm happy to give at least one of these up to the needy. If I can find a digital version (I don't tend to keep issues these days, only bigger books) I'll give up both paper ones.

So...

First person to send me their address and request it gets the un-bagged copy. If you provide me with a link to get a digital copy you can have the bagged copy!

I'm nice like that.

altruistic selfless glow   :lol:

maryanddavid

Got mine thanks to Link! Cheers! Great prog too.

Link Prime

No problem David!

I really enjoyed this years FCBD Prog too, a brilliant line-up of new & classic Thrills.
Death Rock raised a huge nostalgic smile.

amines2058

Just ordered myself a copy from Disposable Heroes. Could not get out on FCBD so glad I finally snagged a copy! Cant wait to read after seeing the comments on here.

Skullmo

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 13 May, 2015, 03:41:54 PM
Came across this scan of the original Kevin O'Neill artwork that was in the freebie prog. Looks like the lettering is on a cel.

90s 2000ad was generally lettered on a cel. It is now done on computer ;'(
It's a joke. I was joking.

Link Prime

Was it revealed who wrote 'Death Rock' by the way?

Frank

Quote from: Link Prime on 20 May, 2015, 01:27:33 PM

According to Burdis, it was one of the droids at the recent FCBD signing. Matt Smith, Pye Parr, Ben Wilsher, Al Ewing, Rob Williams, or Mick McMahon. I'm saying it probably wasn't Mick ...

Link Prime

Quote from: Butch on 20 May, 2015, 06:52:49 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 20 May, 2015, 01:27:33 PM

According to Burdis, it was one of the droids at the recent FCBD signing. Matt Smith, Pye Parr, Ben Wilsher, Al Ewing, Rob Williams, or Mick McMahon. I'm saying it probably wasn't Mick ...

Cheers Sauchie. Guess I was hoping it was GFD.

I'm betting on either Willsher himself, or Tharg.

Rio De Fideldo

Hey hey Grobbendonk I sent you a PM but I was just wondering if you still had a copy of the FCBD prog available. No sign of a digital code I'm afraid.

ming

Quote from: Richard T Field on 21 May, 2015, 01:12:16 PM
Hey hey Grobbendonk I sent you a PM but I was just wondering if you still had a copy of the FCBD prog available. No sign of a digital code I'm afraid.

I have a spare, so if you get stuck give me a shout and I can bung it in the post.

Grobbendonk

Quote from: Richard T Field on 21 May, 2015, 01:12:16 PM

Hey, yes - got your message. Still have both spares... will pop one in the post ASAP - though I'm away till Sunday now so will be Tuesday (Due to bank holidays)