2000 AD > Announcements

2000 AD ART STARS – enter now!

<< < (4/7) > >>

mightybren:
All very true, thanks CFM. I thought it'd be a big ask due to the numbers, but don't ask don't get :)
True about people not taking feedback well too, which is a shame because IMHO it's the only way to improve. I post work on deviant art and Instagram and ask for feedback but never get it... Which I find frustrating.

I've been thinking about getting into small press anyway, once I'm confident that my work is consistent enough. I'll take that route once I have a portfolio I'm willing to submit. Thanks for the recommendation :)

Andy Lambert:
Anyone started on their's yet?

mightybren:
Yes :)

I'm developing some ideas anyway... The actual final artwork I'll probably start in a few weeks or so.

Steven Denton:

--- Quote from: mightybren on 13 May, 2018, 06:13:34 PM ---All very true, thanks CFM. I thought it'd be a big ask due to the numbers, but don't ask don't get :)
True about people not taking feedback well too, which is a shame because IMHO it's the only way to improve. I post work on deviant art and Instagram and ask for feedback but never get it... Which I find frustrating.

I've been thinking about getting into small press anyway, once I'm confident that my work is consistent enough. I'll take that route once I have a portfolio I'm willing to submit. Thanks for the recommendation :)

--- End quote ---

You can also post in the creative common here and ask for advice. You'll probably find that for best results you should ask for feedback/advice in specific areas. things like 'looking for advice on anatomy/story telling/inking/composition' things like that.

Getting involved in the small press is good advice. if you are not ready for strips then art compactions and teamed draw offs/blogs are also a good place to start.

mightybren:
Cheers Steven, that's really good advice :) much appreciated!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version