2000 AD FCBD 2020

Started by Funt Solo, 25 August, 2020, 11:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

Best of 2000 AD, Issue 0
(Free Comic Book Day Summer 2020)

Judge Dredd: Democracy Soon
S: Al Ewing, A: Erica Henderson, L: Simon Bowland
A well-mannered meeting of polite, middle-class democracy advocates clearly haven't been paying attention.

Legends of the Rogue Trooper: Survival Lesson [reprint]
S: Gordon Rennie, A: Richard Elson, L: Tom Frame
From the 2005 Winter Special, the unique experience of Elson depicting a lone, bare-chested warrior bred to fight! Wait a minute ... "let's knife" ... "get whet" ... it's all connected!

Anderson, Psi-Division: Reasons To Be Cheerful, Reason One [reprint]
S: Alan Grant, A: Arthur Ranson, L: Annie Parkhouse
From Megazine 2.10 (1992), hauntingly gorgeous art from Ranson accompanies Anderson down into the undercity on the trail of revelations.

Durham Red: The Judas Strain [reprint]
S: Lauren Beukes & Dale Halvorsen, A: Carlos Ezquerra, L: Simon Bowland
From the 40th Anniversary Special (2017), this plays something like a sci-fi sequel to Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, with Alpha as the unwitting stooge.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

sheridan

Nice surprise when I was given it at the comic shop yesterday!  They know me pretty well there, so put it aside the moment it came in :)

broodblik

I am sad because I am going to miss out again  :'(
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

broodblik

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 26 August, 2020, 09:04:14 AM
A Place in Space has over 160 of them: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/383691597747

Thanks but posting will cost 4x the asking price. At least I have sunshine the whole year
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

broodblik

Leigh S

I was going to traipse into town tomorrow to see if I could get one from FP - the other week they gave me one of each of the free comic book day titles, so was hoping for the same effect netting mee the 2000AD oone.... but A Place in Space it is!   Looking forward to more Al Dredd!

Colin YNWA

Decent little comic this. Al Ewing and Erica Henderson's Dredd is a neat little introduction. Fun if a little disposible.

The rest is reprint but its well selected. Artistically its incredibly strong with Elson, Ranson and Ezquerra. But each is also neat self contained entry to the various stories and the series selected are strong in Rogue, Anderson and Strontium Dog, all be it Durham Red. As a start to the proposed Best of 2000ad series it would have been fantastic.

Alas Covid has put pay to that and are we still sure what's happening with that. Real shame as this could have worked well. As it is this is a tidy package and great for new readers and old alike.

levers

Think they're planning to launch the full series next year.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: levers on 01 September, 2020, 09:38:13 AM
Think they're planning to launch the full series next year.

Good to know - cheers

levers

I still have issue 1 on preorder from Forbidden Planet!

IndigoPrime

Last I heard, it was paused rather than cancelled, but there were no further details.

broodblik

Richard

That Durham Red story is an odd choice, as it's only three years old.