Main Menu

Thirteenth Floor Vol. 2

Started by broodblik, 21 October, 2020, 11:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

I have just completed the second volume and a quick summary is:
Volume one is the stronger of the titles.  The main factor is the max-spy thread which I ma not to keen on and secondly is that I always liked the fact that nobody had an idea that Max had a 13th floor. I ma still a big fan of Jose Ortiz art and it delivers every panel.

Overall, still this is some great classic British Comics. John Wagner and Alana Grant the masters of time and space. I will always be gratefully for their contribution to my youth.

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Barrington Boots

I've also just finished this. Good summary Broodblik. I'm guessing the move to Eagle drove the change in tone away from the horror elements but this nowhere near as good as the first volume, although it picks up a bit near the end. The art, as ever, is excellent but I thought all the spy stuff was dire and Max himself seems a bit neutered.
Still enjoyable but not essential imo.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Are those judges in the centre top panel?
Lock up your spoons!

Barrington Boots

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 21 October, 2020, 01:43:55 PM
Are those judges in the centre top panel?

Not as such but they do bear a very striking resemblance!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

broodblik

When was the last episode of 13th Floor? How many volumes still to go because I stopped my subscription to Eagle at the end volume 2?
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: broodblik on 21 October, 2020, 02:00:24 PM
When was the last episode of 13th Floor? How many volumes still to go because I stopped my subscription to Eagle at the end volume 2?

The title lasted for another year so there should be enough material for one more volume.

broodblik

Great, so hopefully we can get the next volume next year

Dash Decent

Yep, volume 3 is scheduled for 16th September 2021.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.