Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Does My Figure look big in this?  (Read 1455 times)

Rogue Judge

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
Re: Does My Figure look big in this?
« Reply #30 on: 31 May, 2021, 08:49:11 PM »
McFad, that Lawson us incredible, I want one! The hair and painting,  all looks great 👍

Trooper McFad

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 31 May, 2021, 09:48:34 PM »
McFad, that Lawson us incredible, I want one! The hair and painting,  all looks great 👍
Thanks Rogue. Unfortunately I don’t do spares she’s one of a kind and the more I look at her on the shelf the less I see the flaws.
Citizens are Perps who haven’t been caught ... yet!

atp

• Page Numbering Droid
  • My age is uncontrollable, it keeps changing daily
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 02 June, 2021, 03:45:38 PM »
I'm still hoping some more Squaxx will post their creations and share with the newest board members (including myself) the characters they have created in the past.
Really enjoying your work, good to see some good old kitbashing again.
Anyway here's my creative blast from the past.
https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=40935.0
The freedom of choice should be compulsory

Trooper McFad

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 02 June, 2021, 04:43:46 PM »
I'm still hoping some more Squaxx will post their creations and share with the newest board members (including myself) the characters they have created in the past.
Really enjoying your work, good to see some good old kitbashing again.
Anyway here's my creative blast from the past.
https://forums.2000ad.com/index.php?topic=40935.0

Wow there’s no words that I can add that’s not already been said in that thread. I recommend everyone who’s joined since 2015 to read the whole thread and see the effort and skill put into that build. It is truly at another level to my wee 12” efforts 😂😂😂

I really liked seeing the evolution over the months- I don’t believe it will ever be topped unless you have something else planned?

I hope it doesn’t put off anyone else posting their efforts as if still like to see and possibly learn from others projects. A few good tips I might try and scale down from your thread atp

atp

• Page Numbering Droid
  • My age is uncontrollable, it keeps changing daily
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 08 June, 2021, 03:02:27 PM »
Your work on these figures is really great and nicely detailed
Taking a kit of one character and turnng it into a different character  is no easy task, and you have obviously nailed that task.

The poses for the Dredd & Batman figures are great, so unique, very different from the norm. It looks like they have gone head to head until they are both exhausted.
I especially like the Ro-Jaws and Haogy. The position of Hoagy's eyes really bring the  sculpt to life. I would offer one bit of advice, grab a pack of sculpey and scratch build a full figure, you have definitely got the skill to produce some outstanding pieces.
The freedom of choice should be compulsory

Trooper McFad

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 08 June, 2021, 10:18:18 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement atp I think it’s a confidence thing and doing “human” faces is very daunting.

I have a few other conversions I’d like to attempt. The range of kits and what I can do to them is running out so I might just have to have a go 😳

I got the inspiration for the Dredd / Batman from a panel in Judgment in Gotham one of my favourite crossovers. Initially I wanted to go for their fight on top of the Train but that was gonna be too big for the space I have.