Spoilers > Prog

Prog 2253 - Empire state of emergency!

<< < (2/3) > >>

broodblik:
A good prog as we have all stories delivering. 

Dredd – The action continues, and Dredd is in a pickle how will he rescue the day? This feels old-school but in a good way.

Diaboliks – Many jokes start we have three people off the cloth one demon-nun, a real priest and a lost priest how do……… forgot the punchline but that just some nice action and a great last panel.

Pandora – Well the episodes is in warp-mode as the episode wizzes by. Rather enjoying this silly fun as we have a great escape, travel by wormhole, holographic fool-ya-once planet, and a dark creepy tunnel all in one.

Scarlet Traces – The war has final arrived as the episode is highlighted by D’Iraeli’s awesome battle scenes. This was more a visual stunner than a plot mover. Top-notch stuff

The Out – A great episode and we would say that in the future that luggage will still be a problem. That dreaded feeling when you are the last person watching as the baggage carousel comes to a halt and you know deep down that you will never see mister blanky again.

O Lucky Stevie!:

--- Quote from: broodblik on 12 October, 2021, 07:03:18 PM ---Interview with Dan Abnett on The Out:

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/interviews/the-out-dan-abnett/

--- End quote ---

Great interview, but that Asimov cover is the work of Bruce Pennington copyist Ray Feibush, not Chris Foss.

IndigoPrime:
So often people hark back to 2000 AD’s past to argue that only then did you get five Progs fizzing along with a superb mix of action and intrigue. But here we are with, to my mind, a selection that rivals anything from the comic’s glory days.

Dredd is old-school and quite by-the-numbers, but entertaining and amusing. If nothing else, it’s a reminder Dredd doesn’t always have to be a grim and gritty procedural. This is an unashamed action movie, but with some brains and smarts.

Diaboliks continues to be horrific in the best way, and I’m liking the art. Scarlet Traces has an episode that’s slight on plot but gorgeous from a visual standpoint and moves things along. Pandora remain fun and that last panel was suitably off the wall.

The Out, as ever, remains my favourite thing in the Prog. I’m not sure where it would stand in my all-time 2000 AD strips list, but it’d be close to the top, despite its (so far) smallish page count. Wonderful stuff.

The Out > Diaboliks > Scarlet Traces > Dredd > Pandora — but, again, everything here is really good.

Link Prime:
Not sure if it has been a regular thing before or not, but I noticed that the Comic Hub app connected to my LCS doesn't have 2000AD listed for this week either.
Any ROI readers still getting the Prog via newsstand (i.e. Easons)? Just wondering if they are similarly affected.

wedgeski:

--- Quote from: broodblik on 12 October, 2021, 07:03:18 PM ---Interview with Dan Abnett on The Out:

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/interviews/the-out-dan-abnett/

--- End quote ---
The interview also confirms that we might be seeing more Grey Area, if there was any doubt whether that story had run its course.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version