Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Interceptor vs. Indigo Prime Round 2 Heat 46

Started by Colin YNWA, 23 February, 2022, 06:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Dear diary as we enter Week 6 of Round 2 I look at the thrills involved and count my blessing that the draw has been kind. Some slight variation in how the thrills came out and we might have had some really tough calls. As it is, some big thrills - for me - come up against decent middling thrills. I still wonder if doing this will bring me love...

Interceptor got through Round 1 with one of the lowest winning vote counts. I don't think it's necessarily as it's not massively liked. I'm just not sure it fired up much opinion. One thing you can easily say about Indigo Prime is it fires up option - will be interesting to see how far it goes, but better not make any assumptions, first up...

Interceptor - more info

Vs

Indigo Prime - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 26th February  and the winner gets a place in Round 3 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Magnetica

I have literally no memory of Interceptor but Indigo Prime is just about my least favourite "thrill".

I know there is a lot of love for it here, but I just find it impenetrable. I have tried to follow it but then it always just loses me.  Every time.

So my vote goes to Interceptor.

abelardsnazz

No contest for me as IP includes Killing Time, one of the all-time greatest stories of the last 45 years.

Indigo Prime.

IndigoPrime

Blue Cactus

I don't mind Intercepter but for this one it's got to be Indigo Prime.

AlexF

I mean, Interceptor is on a par or indeed better than some of those really early Indigo Primes - but it's not a patch on Killing Time or anything that came after the long hiatus.

Indigo Prime, easy win.

I, Cosh

We never really die.

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Link Prime

Is there a version of reality where this vote will go any differently?
No. There is not.

Indigo Prime

Colin YNWA

Much to my surprise this one is astonishingly quiet. If there's one thing about Indigo Prime seems to do it generate option. Not here, well not yet. Still a day for that to turn around. But I will be toting up the result in the morning.

credo

I have never read Interceptor, but it makes little difference as Indigo Prime ranks amongst my favourite thrills of all time.

Richard

QuoteMuch to my surprise this one is astonishingly quiet.
I assumed that nobody would vote for Interceptor over Indigo Prime, so it wasn't worth showing up. Perhaps others didn't think it was necessary too. (But then I came here anyway to point out that having such a grotesque mismatch of thrills makes this round of the contest somewhat pointless.)

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Richard on 25 February, 2022, 06:02:11 PM
QuoteMuch to my surprise this one is astonishingly quiet.
I assumed that nobody would vote for Interceptor over Indigo Prime, so it wasn't worth showing up. Perhaps others didn't think it was necessary too. (But then I came here anyway to point out that having such a grotesque mismatch of thrills makes this round of the contest somewhat pointless.)

Guess it depends on what you think the point of these things are. For me its about encouraging conversation and chat. Often about thrills that don't get discussed much. The actual votes are just the construct for a fun way - well to me! - to stimulate that.

Also if you think this round is pointless (frankly its all pointless really, oh God what is the point of it all...) would you rather I just picked what was present*. We're already seen the glorious differences of opinion these ties bring out - which bring me back to the fun... again for me.

*Mind at least Zombo, Department K and Devlin Waugh would still be in!