Main Menu

Patrick Stewart back as Picard in new series

Started by Greg M., 05 August, 2018, 11:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art

I'm tempted to go back and watch Season 2 now. (Probably a mistake)

Hawkmumbler

Better a series that takes a season or 2 to find it's feed than is mediocre and plays it safe for an indefinite period of time.

People can say what they will about the modern glut of Trek content but as someone who only every grew up with the vaguest of exposure to TNG, Enterprise and DS9 reruns in the deepest recesses of their mind, Lower Decks has actually got me invested to watch more Trek.

Which at the end of the day I suspect was there game plan all along, the fiends.

The Legendary Shark

Episode Five, Bounty. Oh man - nerdgasmic, Trekcellent. Even the title of this episode is inspired. Although I don't want this season to end, I can't wait until it does so that I can get a big bag of salad, lock the doors and binge the whole wonderful damned thing in one go. This is deathbed telly for sure.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

paddykafka

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 23 March, 2023, 12:28:22 PMEpisode Five, Bounty. Oh man - nerdgasmic, Trekcellent. Even the title of this episode is inspired. Although I don't want this season to end, I can't wait until it does so that I can get a big bag of salad, lock the doors and binge the whole wonderful damned thing in one go. This is deathbed telly for sure.

I now have this image of you on your death-bed, as you wait for the latest episode of Picard to download.  :lol:

https://rwalck.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/2001-a-space-odyssey1.jpg

The Legendary Shark

:crazy:

Let's hope I live long enough to see the whole season!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

Only two episodes to go and still no dip in quality. I'm hoping they'll be using all the classic ships from the Fleet Museum as a Flotilla of Legends in the last battle - the mere prospect of such a thing makes me drool!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Link Prime

Three episodes left for me Sharky, I don't get a new one til tomorrow.

I loved seeing all of the old ships in the Fleet Museum too, and was raging that they didn't hijack The Defiant at the end of Ep 6.

I have to admit I thought last weeks episode (7) was a bit of a dip in quality. Just a little bit too contrived.
Not a stinker by any stretch, but lets just say someone let an anal toot out in the Turbolift, and I had to endure it for 17 seconds.

This is TV gold regardless, and I really hope they can stick the landing.

The Legendary Shark

I wonder who'd get which ship? Seven probably gets Voyager, Picard the Enterprise-A, maybe Riker would get the Defiant (suitably warned by Worf to take care of this "tough little ship") while Worf might command the Bounty. The others up for grabs by the rest of the main characters - it's giving me goosebumps just thinking about the possibilities. Still, maybe this would be too obvious (or too expensive, set wise) and they have something else in mind...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

They did have something else in mind - something better.

Not quite as good as the penultimate episode of The Mandalorian, but still very good. We're really playing with all the toys now, the only thing remaining is to watch how our heroes are going to win... In style, is my guess, and at the last second or even into extra time, golden goal style.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Woolly

I'm probably in a minority of one saying this, but Picard is (unexpectedly) the best thing on telly right now. Latest episode was pretty thrilling IMO.

Pissing all over the Blandalorian.

Trooper McFad

I'll join you and the minority in saying that I too put this as my current top box set. Binged the 8 episodes on prime this week. As I was watching it I was playing Star Trek Bingo on which past character would turn up. Waiting to see if the budget will run to CGI in Spock 😂
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Link Prime

Quote from: Woolly on 14 April, 2023, 05:36:27 PMI'm probably in a minority of one saying this, but Picard is (unexpectedly) the best thing on telly right now.

Definitely not the minority.
It's the only show anyone has mentioned to me all weekend or in work today - including some heretofore closet Trekkies.

Paramount should be falling over bags of Gold-pressed latinum trying to get Matalas to develop a new series.

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 13 April, 2023, 12:21:39 PMThey did have something else in mind - something better.

Yes they did.

The Legendary Shark

Well, it's over.

Self-indulgent cobblers from start to finish but, so help me Grud, I enjoyed every last second of it. Best. Trek. Ever.

Now, what the Hell am I gonna do next week?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

moly

Picard season 1 and 2 total disappointment but season 3 probably the best season of TNG really enjoyed it

Trooper McFad

I must concur that this was an enjoyable season and the end was satisfying for myself- maybe because it opened doors to other characters further star fleet careers.

My favourite line was the use of the Star Wars Easter egg, but was it a piss take or homage before going for the "reactor core"?
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!