Main Menu

Survivors

Started by Richard, 05 May, 2019, 11:34:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

Saw this article today: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/05/05/graphic-novel-fights-youth-ignorance-stalins-repressions-russia/

A Russian graphic novel that does for Stalin's gulags and purges what Maus did for the Holocaust. Following the recent English language reprint of the French Operation Overlord in the floppies, I wonder if Rebellion could do the same for this? I would be interested to see it.

Tjm86

Wow, that would be awesome.  Arguably also desperately needed.  The point about revisionism in Russia at present is more than a little disturbing but it is also ignorance in the West that needs combatting.  It does seem since the end of the Cold War that there has been a growing reluctance to analyse this period in Russian history. 

It's been years since I've read the work of Robert Conquest and others but from what I do recall the figures for those who died at the hands of the Soviets through the twenties, thirties and forties was staggering.  The Gulag's were only one aspect of this incredibly destructive system that even saw famine used as a weapon across the Ukraine.

So aye, Rebellion, please please please ....

Professor Bear

Revisionist Tankies?  Unpossible.

broodblik

This really looks good. It is an important part of the world's history that we currently threw a blanket of  ignorance over. The west has won so who cares.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.