Main Menu

Best wishes to Dan Abnett

Started by Colin YNWA, 06 August, 2020, 07:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goosegash

I genuinely don't know what the Nerve Centre would do without Abnett, apart from his insanely prolific work rate (has he taken a day off in the last 25 years?), I can't think of another writer with his hit-rate for producing outstanding high concept ideas that almost invariably become instant classics.

Glad to hear he's doing fine, had my heart in my mouth a bit seeing that thread title.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 08 August, 2020, 10:52:44 AM
For those not on FB and/or not friends with Dan, he posted a photo of himself yesterday, sitting in the hospital discharge lounge with his MacBook Pro on his lap, typing away. Clearly, it'll take more than exploding internal organs to slow up the Abnett droid's output.

Thanks for the update Jim hadn't seen that.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

From the title, I was worried that Abnett and Tharg had parted ways. Imagine my relief when I found out the title is just in relation to a severe medical trauma.
You may quote me on that.

The Legendary Shark

All my best wishes for a full and speedy recovery, Dan.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

MumboJimbo

Wishing Dan A the very best in his recovery. How he manages to combine such quality with his work rate simply boggles my mind. I hope he gives himself the rest he needs though!

73north

Best wishes Dan - I hope you return soon !

all the best

von Boom

My own appendix ruptured when I was six so I can sympathise with Dan. Best wishes to him.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Best wishes and all the best for the future, Mr Abnett Sir!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Colin YNWA

Just to say I popped all the comments I got by this morning into a Group Greetings card (I'd used it to organise a card for someone leavign from work and that worked well) and so its been sent to Dan.

Colin YNWA

And Dan has kindly take the time to reply

QuoteColin - can you please thank all the forum members for the card!

Back home, a bit sore, but doing okay. The messages were very much appreciated :)

best

Dan

Dan Abnett - Writer of Wrongs

von Boom

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 10 August, 2020, 09:34:06 PM
And Dan has kindly take the time to reply

QuoteColin - can you please thank all the forum members for the card!

Back home, a bit sore, but doing okay. The messages were very much appreciated :)

best

Dan

Dan Abnett - Writer of Wrongs
Pure class that Dan.