Main Menu

how to do a prog slog

Started by sheridan, 22 May, 2015, 09:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

2000AD Prog 402: Free inside! 6 'Dune' stickers! (not available to overseas readers) "Joe Dredd, meet... Joe Dredd!"

Helm's wedding - spoiler - he goes to pieces!  McCarthy gets some practice drawing Mad Max waste-mutants.  Torquemada chops off Nemesis' head!  Zombie Dredd versus blind Dredd and Anderson.  Bolivar is captured!  Quint's not doing well.

Not the happiest of progs...

sheridan

2000AD Prog 403: Mega-plan revealed: judge gets criminal record! "I'll make those creeps sing!" Inside! Fink Brothers beat the rap?

The Mega-plan revealed after over a year!  Is it worth it?  I'll leave that for you to decide (more details tomorrow, including the obligatory links to a 'live' performance of the song).  The genies know what's up with the chips, but can't say how to fix it, SPOILER Nemesis isn't dead, but Dredd is (zombie Dredd is anyway - Dredd and alive), the election is brought forward by Zapilote, the helltrek hits a Cursed Earth storm.

sheridan

The Fink Brothers: Mutants in Mega-City One

Fink and Mean come to Mega-City One and get the Blues...

sheridan

A bit late in the day but I had to fit the episode of Dredd with vampires and a zombie in on Hallowe'en, right?

2000AD Prog 404: Torquemada dresses to kill! FWOOSHH! "Your fireballs cannot harm me now, Nemesis... repent and die!"

The top brass of Millicom, revealed at last!  Robots programmed to serve and protect the mega-rich, Torque suits up against Nem, the Mutant finally finds out Dredd's plan (part of it anyway), Slippery Jim diGriz gets assassinated and will never appear in the prog again and the trek passes the half-way point, without a guide.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 405: UNGH! Dredd vs. Dredd ...and one must die!

We see the writer of the Ballad of Halo Jones (it's not Alan Moore), Rogue goes rogue, zombie Dredd fights time-travelling Dredd, but then zombie Dredd becomes a time-travelling Dredd, Torque goes through changes and the Helltrekkers meet their next challenge (the Nebbs are involved).

sheridan

2000AD Prog 406: The Ballad of Halo Jones Act II

A change of pace for Halo, Rogue heads to Horst, Dredd gets bionic peepers and Anderson faces the young Mutant, Tomas de Torquemada (spoiler) dies, so does Titus Nebb.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 407: Lennard J. Stibble: come on down! Lenn's 43, he's a kneepad salesman, happily single... ...and the next victim of The Hunters Club!

Toby gets some exercise, White Cloud investigates a colony, a kneepad seller gets hunted down, media empires make the news and Rudd fits in a quick marriage.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 408: The weird guppy commune trek straight into hell! "What the gup is happenin', man?" LAVALANCHE!

Halo meets... erm...  Oscar the Psi meets a bank robber.  Chip meets the Hunters Club.  Robots meet humans.  Guppies meet lava.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 409: Mega-City One: city of 400 million guilty secrets! "You're under arrest!" "Ulp!" "...He's guessed I'm a mutie!" "...seen my wall-scrawl!" "...knows I'm in the Hunters Club!"

Halo smells a rat, Oscar goes to Earth, the latest recruit is not a Chip off the old Bub, two thieves don't much about art and everything's looking Rosie for Korky...

sheridan

2000AD Prog 410: Rogue Trooper – back at the front! This means war!

Rogue and the boys go batty, we find out who ate all the pies, Halo has to trust a bunch of rats, Chip cashes in his chips, the Imperial Army divides and fails to conquer and things get hot for Korky and Rose.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 411: Sláine is back in Time Killer!

Halo finds out something about her past, Sláine finds out something about Earth's past, Dredd finds out where the Hunters Club meet, Rogue finds out that Norts aren't the only aliens and we find out that Rudd falls for one of the oldest tricks in the book.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 412: Who's putting the squeeze on J.D? "Don't break the law, creep..." "I crush you good!" Monsteroso M16

Toby doggedly pursues Halo, the Knucker gets Sláine in to trouble, big jobs in Mega-City One (but not from Mek-Quake), the un-named adviser advises Rogue, Rudd turns on the Nebbs.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 413: The hunt is on for Halo's bones! Hot digital dog!

Dogs die in hot Claras, the worm is about to turn, don't be that person at the party, Rogue goes underground (what's Nu?) and don't split the helltrek!

sheridan

2000AD Prog 414: Master of Mega-City One! Judge Dredd

Halo goes swimming and dancing, Tlachtga has a blast, a juve is primed and ready to explode, the bats come home to roost for the G.I.s and Bud doesn't quite make it to the New Territories.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 415: Free inside! 6 'Masters of the Universe' stickers! Bright eyes... burning like fire! Big prizes to be won in KP Alien Spacers competition!

Halo doesn't meet with an old friend in a bar, Ukko completely fails to comfort Tlachtga and we re-meet Elfric, Primo gets a bit hot-headed, the adviser advises Rogue and Crustacia scuttles off.