Main Menu

Dredd - Box Office

Started by MattJW, 02 September, 2012, 09:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

painbros22

Don't think it effected the BO pops, it popped up yesterday, i only know cause people in my IRC channel are cheapskates.

Bat King

Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

JOE SOAP

painbros22

Ah the Pete Townsend approach :)

locustsofdeath!

"Just who the hell is Judge Dreck? I never heard of him!"

"Dreck's a successful comic book character in England. They had the idea that if they introduced him in the U.S.A. he'd be popular!"

"Almost as popluar as that other splendid British idea. "Taxation without representation"!"

'MAD' magazine 1995, representing American sentiment then and now...apparently.

painbros22

Hate MAD magazine, Spy vs Spy is ok, the rest is drivel and about as funny as as finding out your 15 year old son just ran up a 100 quid phone bill tying to win the iphone he already has.

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: painbros22 on 30 September, 2012, 08:44:34 PM
Hate MAD magazine, Spy vs Spy is ok, the rest is drivel and about as funny as as finding out your 15 year old son just ran up a 100 quid phone bill tying to win the iphone he already has.

I would disagree when it comes to the old Don Martin strips, and Sergio Aragones is one of the best living cartoonists, imo. But as far as the rest of the magazine, it's okay.

painbros22

American satire does nothing for me, its too damn obvious. Judge Dreck, har har. MAD only worked in cartoons that said nothing, the whacky stuff, that worked, but the satire was like a David Letterman monlogue.

Apestrife

Quote from: painbros22 on 30 September, 2012, 08:59:50 PM
American satire does nothing for me, its too damn obvious. Judge Dreck, har har. MAD only worked in cartoons that said nothing, the whacky stuff, that worked, but the satire was like a David Letterman monlogue.

Did you have the Pyton magazine in Denmark in the 90s? They published some truly great parodies, for example "Teenage mutant ninja burgers".

I read it when I was young and stupid, and I still can't shit symmetrical because how hard I laughed.

locustsofdeath!

Sheesh.

Don Martin and Sergio Aragones are cartoonists, not satirists.

Read some Groo. It's brilliant. Plus, Sergio Aragones is Spanish, so it won't be an American making you laugh.

ABCwarBOT

Was this film even advertised in the US?    I haven't even seen any telly adverts for it over here in the UK.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: painbros22 on 30 September, 2012, 08:59:50 PM
American satire does nothing for me, its too damn obvious.

the Larry Sanders show?

painbros22

Not even Larry Sanders no. Spoiled to death with things like The Frost Report, Not The Nine O Clock News, Brasseye. Only The Daily Show works for me, that is a funny show, but stuff live Saturday Night Live leaves me cold. Not an anti american thing, i just don't like american satire that much.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: painbros22 on 30 September, 2012, 09:20:17 PM
Spoiled to death with things like The Frost Report, Not The Nine O Clock News, Brasseye. Only The Daily Show works for me

They're all political shows though.