Main Menu

Prog 2278 - Descend Into The Dark...

Started by broodblik, 20 April, 2022, 04:24:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Another solid prog as we have expectations of a Dredd story not fully realized and one story comes to an end.

Dredd – Well so far, the story is going accordingly to certain expectations since the reveal of the other clone. [spoiler]Dredd after the great escape takes out the "imposter" Dredd[/spoiler]. So, there must be more to this, but we have one more episode to hypothesis over what really is going on

Hope – This episode mostly focusing on Hope introducing himself with a lot talking. The episode ends with a big highlight.

Intestinauts – It is all out action here as the bots are engaging in the Batlle of the Fatberg. A lot of sacrifice as the battle looks all but lost. And then it is over as the battle is won with almost no survivors. This was a quick and done tale and is always a welcome distraction for reality and works as a filler between bigger series.

Fiends – Some interesting developments as who the real enemy unknown to Constanta is revealed. Another good episode and I cannot wait to see how Edginton steers the boat and in which direction.

Brink – In the darknets of the underworld we will get to understand a little more about how the sect came into existence. Another solid creepy episode plainly put another great episode from the creative team. I just waiting for the water to biol over.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Southstreeter

I can't believe that[spoiler] Dredd offing a clone [/spoiler]is the big reveal. He does that on an annual basis!

Goosegash

Quote from: Southstreeter on 20 April, 2022, 04:16:31 PM
I can't believe that[spoiler] Dredd offing a clone [/spoiler]is the big reveal. He does that on an annual basis!

I know, I keep thinking surely there has to be something more to it than that, but there's only one part left, so  unless there's a really massive rug pull coming it's all starting to feel like a bit of a damp fart.

The latest part of Brink makes me a bit sad that the 2000AD audiobooks project seemed to die a lonely death, as I could imagine the The Unreach being realised incredibly well in that format with some decent sound design. Guess we'll never get to hear that though.

Southstreeter

I'm loving this version of Brink. I'm finally getting some sympathy for the unions and understanding of their importance to the Brink. Previously they've just been portrayed as fanatics and lunatics, but now we can see why some of them have eccentric views (to put it mildly).

Woolly

Quote from: Southstreeter on 20 April, 2022, 04:16:31 PM

I'm thinking that Tharg's 'Everything changes' tagline for this story is the actual problem with this story.
That said, one episode to go. And John Wagner can fit a lot into one episode....

The Corinthian

I'm wondering if the big twist won't be anything to do with what Dredd is purported to have done during the AW but more about the identity and motives of the guy whose story we've been listening to. Totally mad thought but: [spoiler]giving other/fake/Sov Dredd a scar makes me wonder if there's an Orlok connection somewhere.[/spoiler]

norton canes

Sure I'll talk abut the other strips later but for now, just want to say that this prog's Brink is about the best thing in 2000 AD ever

Colin YNWA

Another smackin' Prog. Love the 'echos' on the cover.

Inside well Dredd flips things and as has been said John Wagner can do a LOT in 6 pages, but what, WHAT??? I'm absolutely dieing to know and that's a very good sign. What are the secrets, what can we trust. This one will live and die by those final 6 pages, I'm on a knife edge in two ways!

Hope just oozes, dark nasty ooze and I love it.

Intestinauts explodes as does the fatberg. Fun.

Fiends finds a new way to twist and turn. Nice steady episode elevated by an introduction at the end. One I guess we should have seen coming.

And then Brink, arh Brink, just magnificent. Just as it provides sensible, pluasible explaination so it further sews the dees of mystery. Then another ending to die for. This is just wonderful comics.

So yeah another top class Prog. I wonder if we'll get a Future Shock (or same) next Prog or will Wagner need more than the 6 pages to spin us his yarn?

broodblik

I think a double shot of Dredd will be mighty fine

broodblik

Here's that giant dayglo fatberg-reveal DPS landscape from Intestinauts (part 2) without all the lettering on:

Magnetica

Brink is just great.

Spurred on by this series, I'm doing a complete re-read. A whole bunch of clues as to who / what Vovek, Melancholema etc are all laid out. Especially towards the end of book 3. Now we are getting other views on it.

As brilliant as it is in the Prog, it's even better read together, as there are a whole load of things mentioned, and previous characters that are now important. Such as the lady who has just turned up at the end of this week's episode.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Magnetica on 22 April, 2022, 09:21:14 AM
Brink is just great.

Spurred on by this series, I'm doing a complete re-read. A whole bunch of clues as to who / what Vovek, Melancholema etc are all laid out. Especially towards the end of book 3. Now we are getting other views on it.

As brilliant as it is in the Prog, it's even better read together, as there are a whole load of things mentioned, and previous characters that are now important. Such as the lady who has just turned up at the end of this week's episode.

Forgive me if you've watched already, but the interview with the creators from the 45th online was great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9MedgCyaAw

Magnetica

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 22 April, 2022, 04:19:52 PM
Quote from: Magnetica on 22 April, 2022, 09:21:14 AM
Brink is just great.

Forgive me if you've watched already, but the interview with the creators from the 45th online was great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9MedgCyaAw

Yes it certainly was. I watched the week after and it really showed the love both Dan and Ian have for it and the effort that goes into it.