Main Menu

100 Bullets

Started by Krustabi, 16 December, 2003, 06:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krustabi

I've only read bits and pieces of 100 Bullets, and I only have a limited grasp of the conspiracy. Can anyone give me a general overview of who Graves works for, what his minutemen were doing, who killed Milo in "The Counterfifth Detective", and why Brian Azzarello is a stone-cold fu**ing genius.

Mk13

>who Graves works for

Pizza Hut

>what his minutemen were doing

The general consensus is that it was a kind of half tap-dance, half samba.

>who killed Milo in "The Counterfifth Detective"

The Hooded Claw.

>and why Brian Azzarello is a stone-cold fu**ing genius.

Because he has no hair - the reverse-Samson effect that seems to characterise a lot of great comics writers.

(was going to give you sensible answers, but then I realised I couldn't really remember, and thought ah, what the hell...)

Krustabi

WARNING: ANYONE who says "Read it yourself" will experience hurty feelings.

JamieB

Can anyone give me a general overview of who Graves works for,

- A "council" of twelve (now 11 IIRC) very powerful families, who apparently run America from behind the scenes.

what his minutemen were doing,

- They acted partly as muscle for the above group, and partly to keep order between the families.

who killed Milo in "The Counterfifth Detective",

- I *think* it was Lono, who appears to be an ex-Minuteman.

and why Brian Azzarello is a stone-cold fu**ing genius.

- He's not bad, yeah.

J-Bo-1

Dudley

Ah, read it yourself.

(Or put "Spoiler" at the top of this sort of thread in future...)

Krustabi

Prepare for hurtiness Dudley. Let this be a lesson to you all. Any fu*ker who fu*king fu*ks with me can fu*king expect to get fu*ked up good.
P.S fu*k

Krustabi

I thought Lono was a minuteman.

Mr C

Okay, here's how I see the big picture in 100 bullets:

America is ruled in secret by the 12 families (now 11 as Jamie pointed out), basically, these crime families "stole" America.
Peace was kept between the families by the Minutemen, a group of killers that kept the balance between the families so no one group could gain control of the whole conspiracy.
Not long ago, the families got rid of the Minutemen by massacaring them and scattering them. Graves was the leader of thr Minutemen at that time.
Now Graves is waging a war on the families, using his trademark of convincing people wronged by his targets to do the dirty work for him, giving them the briefcase, evidence, gun and 100 untraceable bullets. He also appears to be rounding up the other Minutemen that survived. The families know that Graves is after them and they're doing their best to stay one step ahead of him.
100 Bullets.
100 Issues.

Krustabi

Does Graves work for any official government?

Mr C

Nope, he's a lone hitman on the edge.

Azarello and Co are currently doing a run on Batman.
Take a look if you like his stuff. Steer clear of his work on Hellblazer though.