Main Menu

Simon Fraser needs your vote!

Started by Colin YNWA, 15 August, 2023, 02:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnW

Maybe you could promise to split the prize with the judges?
Or how about you spread the word that your closest competitor is an AI?

Ask yourself what Red Sonja would do.

After all, everyone knows that all's fair in love and art competitions.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Illyana

Quote from: JohnW on 19 August, 2023, 09:52:19 PMMaybe you could promise to split the prize with the judges?
Or how about you spread the word that your closest competitor is an AI?

Ask yourself what Red Sonja would do.

After all, everyone knows that all's fair in love and art competitions.

You're amazing. 😂

lincnash

Quote from: JohnW on 19 August, 2023, 09:52:19 PMAsk yourself what Red Sonja would do.

Behead all of Simon's artistic competitors with a battle-axe, while posing in a blood spattered scale-mail bikini?

Illyana

Can I just share my rage that some blurry piece of AI lookin bad proportions art is now beating Simon by 4 votes?! There's still some days left to go but my god.

JohnW

Quote from: Illyana on 19 August, 2023, 11:00:45 PMsome blurry piece of AI lookin bad proportions
Ooh – but that is one ugly piece of work!
I never realised that an artificial intelligence could demonstrate a disturbing sexual immaturity, or that it could get a lot of loser AI friends to vote for it.

And while I'm here, may I say how I admire the way you're fighting your man's corner. Clearly you have that five hundred dollars already spent. ;)
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Illyana

Quote from: JohnW on 20 August, 2023, 12:04:31 AM
Quote from: Illyana on 19 August, 2023, 11:00:45 PMsome blurry piece of AI lookin bad proportions
Ooh – but that is one ugly piece of work!
I never realised that an artificial intelligence could demonstrate a disturbing sexual immaturity, or that it could get a lot of loser AI friends to vote for it.

And while I'm here, may I say how I admire the way you're fighting your man's corner. Clearly you have that five hundred dollars already spent. ;)

I always am in his corner. That's the gig ;) Simon thinks we'll use it to pay the light bill but I think it needs to go so some art equipment too if he manages to win.

We're now two votes in the lead, but we need to build all the votes we can so that other dude's extra day of voting past when our voting ends doesn't let him close the gap.

Colin YNWA

Its also just not an interesting design. Its such a bland energy were Simon's has energy and dynamism. I mean I do have a work email as well, I'd not normally condone such things but....

JohnW

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 20 August, 2023, 07:19:56 AMI mean I do have a work email as well, I'd not normally condone such things but....

False moustache, hat pulled down, heavy foreign accent.
You know Edie would do the same for you.

Le Fink

Registered and voted for Simon's entry, which is a great piece of art! Didn't seem to increment the tally though. I couldn't make out what difference the stars made to the tally, but selected 5 as instructed.

karlos

Illyana

Y'all have done an amazing job. For most of today, Simon has been 20 votes ahead of that other guy, with Si at 173.

Then it looks like someone cheated. Because a design that barely ranked this morning somehow now has almost 200! Most of these votes came in the last few hours. I tweeted at Threadless to investigate to make sure it's legit but like...wow look at this art.

https://www.threadless.com/designs/red-sonja-eradicating-demons

My friend and I both said we thought it looked like Napoleon Dynamite drew it  :D

broodblik

One way to "cheat" is to use multiple legitimate emails. I have more than one email associated with me so in practise I can use all these valid email addresses and vote multiple times
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Illyana

Thank you so much to all of you who voted and shared ths contest amongst friends. We got a huge amount of support. We didn't end up #1 in total votes, but there are judges who will choose the winning entry and we're #3 in votes so they'll definitely look at it.

Funt Solo

I was net-challenged during the voting period, so couldn't. It's quite a difficult remit - you've got to have a warrior woman who's not too muscly, but not too willowy, and then you've got to somehow get the chainmail bikini to work without being silly. The silver high-heel boots were a step too far - and some of them were a bit much in terms of tits and ass.

These are my top three:

Not cover-dimensions, but that's nit-picking. I really rate this one - she's got the red rage and is clearly the most barbarian of any of them. Criminally, this only got 49 votes, behind some fairly amateur work.

187 votes. Something to be said for adding the title and filling up the background - I'm not sure about the background orc - he seems to draw attention away from the main event (but is funny). Very dynamic shot, though, and nice coloring.

Got 238 votes, and is a complete cover. It suffers from dimension-oddities: the head seems too small for that body, and the sword over the shoulder has snuck in from Final Fantasy. Nice hero pose.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++