Main Menu

V for vendetta Movie Trailer

Started by thrillpowerseeker, 01 December, 2005, 01:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlsborg Expert

Theres a good cast in there. No overtly american A listers.Crying game boy is going to be top as the 'chief inspectorr'

It seems John Hurts bringing in an experienced touch from his stint on 1984 if I caught that right.

I concur about the "Aren't you glad we won the war" bollocks. What could they do alternatively though?
"In an alternate timeline whan Britain had become a part of the Arabic Empire...?"

House of Usher

Nah, that's as much of a cop out as Germany having won WWII. Whatever brought Britain to the dictatorship in V For Vendetta really ought to be seen to be its own fault.

There's any number of natural or economic disasters that might have occurred to allow a totalitarian regime to take over with the tacit consent of the people without the intervention of a foreign power.

(This IS V for Vendetta we're talking about after all, not Savage...)
STRIKE !!!

longmanshort

Why that's undoubtedly true, I don't get what that has to do with the price of eggs. Moore's stated many times that he considers the use of nuclear war in V for Vendetta unrealistic because even with the limited nuclear war described in V for Vendetta would make complex, modern government/society impossible.

Because in the interview in issue two, Moore talks about that very issue and he's not as black and white about it as you say ...
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Adrian Bamforth

Unless it was confirmed by Alan in the interview I wouldn't be completely certain the Germany thing is in the film since it still doesn't mention it in the trailer, it just says it on the linked web site. It's possible that they just assumed it though there's no swastikas on the trailer, they have a completely different emblum (along with a union jack in the background). They would have to explain this, and include eradication on the jews as part of the film, at which point it becomes as historical hypothesis. Far easier to not explain it at all, just put it down to a swing to the right as could happen anywhere.

ADE

Carlsborg Expert

Well I'd say you caught on to my satirical edge of reasoning behind my post. Of course it would be as much of a cop out Usher.

I would have thought that these Matrix writers could have come up with something a little more evolved.I doesn't necessarily take invasion to create such regimes.

SamuelAWilkinson

Still and all, looks pretty enough for me to bully everyone I know into reading the book so they all get excited as me about it.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

SamuelAWilkinson

Forgot to add this:

"limited nuclear war described in V for Vendetta"

I dunno that it's all that limited - Evey mentions how all of Africa has been destroyed at one point.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

House of Usher

"I would have thought that these Matrix writers could have come up with something a little more evolved."

Ha ha! Like maybe the totalitarian regime wanting to use something that comsumes more energy than it produces as batteries, as they did in The Matrix?
STRIKE !!!

Artificial Idiot

Am I the only one who thinks it looks... Well... A bit naff?

I can't place my finger on why, but all I'll say for now is, bullet time daggers? *groan*