General Chat > Off Topic

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

<< < (1650/1652) > >>

SmallBlueThing(Reborn):
It's funting hot. 23° at 3am last night, and this morning I felt close to collapse on my walk to walk. I have never felt such heat.

And yet, people I know still think it's hilarious to post memes about 2022 people being 'snowflakes' because apparently 1976 was hotter. No it snecking wasn't. I was there, and it was  'nice'. This- THIS- is horrific.

And my son is 19 today, which is frankly terrifying.

And my current workplace smells of weed, thanks to the people in the flat below.

I am a grumpy funtwipe today.

SBT

The Legendary Shark:

Same here. Weeding the campsite today is like auditioning as Satan's gardener.

Mister Pops:
Wouldn’t Satan’s gardener be planting weeds?

The Legendary Shark:

Not in this bloody weather - it'd be against Infernal Filth and Debris regulations.

Jim_Campbell:

--- Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 19 July, 2022, 12:01:54 PM ---And yet, people I know still think it's hilarious to post memes about 2022 people being 'snowflakes' because apparently 1976 was hotter. No it snecking wasn't. I was there, and it was  'nice'. This- THIS- is horrific.

--- End quote ---

The peak of the '76 heatwave lasted fifteen days and averaged a maximum temperature of 32°. There was one very localised spike on one day that hit 36°. This bloody thing is going to have temperatures reaching 40° across a huge chunk of the country. That's a UK record, across a massive swathe of the country, for two consecutive days.

I have no idea how people can be just so straight-up bloody stupid — the difference of 8°C is huge. I mean, would they say there was no difference between a day that was 10° and one that was 18° (ie: the difference between really quite cold and fairly pleasant)? Or 18° and 26° (fairly pleasant and really quite warm)?

I am so sick of these fuckwits trying to every damn thing into some kind aspect of their 'culture war' on 'wokeness' and 'snowflakes'.

(Additionally not helped by Dominic Raab, the fucking deputy Prime Minister, saying on TV, when asked about the Met Office's weather warning for extreme heat, that 'everyone should go out and enjoy the sunshine.')

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version