General Chat > Off Topic

The Dream Warriors

<< < (2/26) > >>

The Legendary Shark:
I haven't had a school dream for ages - they were generally about me turning up with the wrong books or being unable to find the class I was supposed to be in - but I remember how unnerving they could be.
Lately, my most recurring dreams are about being dragged out of wherever I'm living by drooling demons (upsetting) or finding a hitherto unnoticed door somewhere I otherwise know well which leads to a much expanded and better version of reality (exciting/uplifting).
I love dreaming, I do, but don't remember many of them. It's odd, I often wake up knowing that I was either enjoying or not enjoying a dream but have no memory of what it was about (frustrating).

richerthanyou:
I had a dream I was on a boat with Tom Cruise.

Nothing sexual happened though. I swear.

M.I.K.:

--- Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 12 March, 2016, 12:46:21 PM ---I keep dreaming that I'm still at school / university, with shitloads to do and little chance of getting it done.  Which is exactly how things were for me back then; so it's possibly a the middle-class, pampered-generation version of PTSD.
--- End quote ---

I'm working class and mostly unpampered and I get the back at school dreams too, (and I've never done my homework in any of them).

Some part of my brain is always conscious of the fact I'm too old to still be there, though, so it tries to rationalise the situation by coming up with the notion that I've been there a few years longer because of a qualification I need to obtain before I'm allowed to leave, but I never get it. There's also sometimes an added element of missing the bus home or being in danger of doing so.

However, what usually eventually happens in these dreams is that I either realise I have no need to be there at all and just go back home or into town instead, or I remember just how long it is since I was last at school and figure out I must be dreaming.

JayzusB.Christ:

--- Quote from: M.I.K. on 12 March, 2016, 08:28:43 PM ---
--- Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 12 March, 2016, 12:46:21 PM ---I keep dreaming that I'm still at school / university, with shitloads to do and little chance of getting it done.  Which is exactly how things were for me back then; so it's possibly a the middle-class, pampered-generation version of PTSD.
--- End quote ---

I'm working class and mostly unpampered

--- End quote ---

Well, my own life doesn't exactly involve being carried about in a sedan chair with flower petals thrown in my path. I By 'pampered' I kind of meant not having to work on our knees down filthy coal mines, or living in waterlogged trenches while shells explode nearby. 

M.I.K.:
Luxury.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version