General Chat > Off Topic

Thought Police: Are we allowed to query 'woke'?

<< < (76/82) > >>

Tiplodocus:
The Guardian and The Independent did apply some science to this supposed "advantage" Lia Thomas had and lo and behold it doesn't seem to exist. For one thing, transitioning is to female gets rid of loads of muscle mass.

Tjm86:
Cue millions of middle-aged men's sudden concern ...

Funt Solo:
Three things, recently:

1. Pride month: Kuwait criticises US embassy over pro-LGBT tweets

2. Ricky Gervais defends his transphobic set on Netflix (that promotes the tired idea that trans women are all lurking bathroom rapists), by saying that some of his best friends are trans - and he loves them dearly as long as they have their penis surgically removed, because otherwise they're not really what they say they are. Was Gervais always a modern Alf Garnett? I remember thinking he was a smarmy git when he launched on The Eleven O'Clock Show, but then he did The Office, and I thought he was just cleverly poking fun at bigots. But was he always just using that as an excuse to say bigoted things.

3. Magaverse lurking after a healthy break takes only a few posts before I get to the "I'm not homophobic but ... I hate gay pride" posts. So, you are homophobic. It's no good saying you're not a thief before robbing someone. Not minding gay folk as long as they hide in a box means you do mind them. Why not try not minding them instead - it's much easier.

Conclusion: the US embassy in Kuwait is more culturally aware than Ricky Gervais and the Magaverse? Weird. See, I wouldn't have automatically assumed that going in.

Mister Pops:
I just think it's unfair that pride gets a whole month when the other six deadly sins don't.

Hawkmumbler:

--- Quote from: Mister Pops on 03 June, 2022, 12:44:28 PM ---I just think it's unfair that pride gets a whole month when the other six deadly sins don't.

--- End quote ---

How envious of you. Truly none of us are free of sin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version