Spoilers > Prog

Prog 2255 - Hag Reflex!

(1/8) > >>

Colin YNWA:
The Prog hits the Regened next week and so we get one of this end not end Progs. Three thrills - kinda - end and two go into a break.

Dredd The Hard Way ends and its gone from the moment it does really. I mean its not bad, in fact it was great fun, but its no more than that. Maitland's final "We're going to make the Red Queen pay..." line is all action  movie forboding ... but not real forboding.

Diaboliks kinda ends really well and then plays straight into the next story which will present what Solomon Ravne has been up. It ends the present story really well, with a clink of light for Jennifer. The problem with the cliffhangers it uses to pull into the next story is when see Ravne lying victim on the floor I'm kinda glad not worried cos he is such a dick!... mind looking forward to seeing how it all got there so its worked!

Colin YNWA:

--- Quote from: Colin YNWA on 23 October, 2021, 08:52:28 PM ---The Prog hits the Regened next week and so we get one of this end not end Progs. Three thrills - kinda - end and two go into a break.

Dredd The Hard Way ends and its gone from the moment it does really. I mean its not bad, in fact it was great fun, but its no more than that. Maitland's final "We're going to make the Red Queen pay..." line is all action  movie forboding ... but not real forboding.

Diaboliks kinda ends really well and then plays straight into the next story which will present what Solomon Ravne has been up. It ends the present story really well, with a clink of light for Jennifer. The problem with the cliffhangers it uses to pull into the next story is when see Ravne lying victim on the floor I'm kinda glad not worried cos he is such a dick!... mind looking forward to seeing how it all got there so its worked!

--- End quote ---

Whoops premature posting and no 'Modify' to wipe up the mess so I'll just have to hammer on a second and hope that makes up for it.

Pandora Perfect has the perfect ending for this series. Brisk, fun and it perfectly wraps up the 6 parts - JUST 6 PARTS! Its testament to the wipe smart pace of this one when so much has been done - such fun.

Scarlet Traces nice way to cut to the break - in fact excellent way. This another good part and looking forward to seeing where it goes.

The Out okay that was interesting. In it own right that was another fantastic episode. Brisk, funny and charming. However it did the one thing this series doesn't do it repeated itself. It was another delight selection of short, entertaining and insightful insights into Humans on the Edge - we did that a couple of weeks ago and it felt kinda weird to return to it.

Decent Prog - let's see what the next Regened brings.

broodblik:
Cover by Alex Ronald:

broodblik:
Cover and Logo:

Barrington Boots:
Cover + tagline get full marks from me this week.
The prog within:

Dredd I've enjoyed this story a lot, but the ending didn't really land it for me. After what was quite a breakneck story of crazy ultra-violence it wrapped up on a very sombre note with the bulk of the antagonists unaccounted for. I guess it's leading onto the next story and we'll see how that goes. That aside everything about this tale was satisfyingly old school. Superb art again and a nice little tribute to Bolt as well, I think?

Diaboliks Not a fan anyway, but I thought overall this was far weaker than the previous Diaboliks run which I rather enjoyed despite the cast. Agree with Colin about Ravne, not really a cliffhanger when you hope he's had it!

Pandora Perfect Great ending to wrap things up. Especially digging Pandora's evil laugh at the end. An awful lot happened over these six episodes and I've found it a bit less concise than I hoped but overall this was a very enjoyable run and I'd not object to it being back in the Prog: a bit like Full Tilt Boogie was it's been a pretty unique strip within 2000ad (in a good way) and if we're to have Regened strips crossing over this is what I'd want them to be like: fun.

Scarlet Traces - This is terrific. The action scenes I find a bit dreamlike: they don't have the sort of movement and grit of, say, Patrick Goddard's stuff but I feel like that wouldn't suit this. Nice to see plot threads coming together here. Feels pretty excellent all round.

The Out - I also thought we were done with the vignettes about humans so was a suprise to see it return. The cock joke reveal was a bit naff but the second section with the door I thought was excellent. You really can't predict what you're going to get with this week on week and I think that's fine. Strong episode that played to the writer and artists strengths.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version