Spoilers > Prog

Prog 2255 - Hag Reflex!

<< < (2/8) > >>

IndigoPrime:
Cock joke was indeed naff, but I’m sure we can forgive the team for that. As for your comment about Full Tilt Boogie, Boots, where did that go? I figured we’d have got more of it. Oh well.

For me, Dredd wrapped up fine, if in downbeat manner. Atlantis has been little used, but surprising to see Williams trash it. (Although I suppose it could be repaired, not that you’d really want to live there now.) Diaboliks felt like tidying up at the end of a party. Pandora was breezy and gross. I’d happily see this back in the Prog. Scarlet Traces continues to be excellent, as does The Out. 5/5 again, Tharg.

The Out > Pandora Perfect > Scarlet Traces > Judge Dredd > Diaboliks

broodblik:
A good prog still a five on the rating scale. The cover is a reminiscence of the great Steve Dillon especially Dredd’s face.

Dredd – This was a good old-school-feel to it and well done to the creative team by bringing us something that is just a pure fun classic Dredd actioner. The last instalment did not disappoint as we are promised retribution.

Diaboliks – As this part of the arc comes to a closure we are introduced to the next arc. This continues to be an interesting story with a lot of possibilities in the future. Good work from Rennie and Fuso.

Pandora – All in all this was an enjoyable first outing and would not mind if we have more of this in the future.

Scarlet Traces – The action has now shift from space to the inside of a spaceship and ends with an interesting twist at the end. As always this is a great story by our creators, and I can feel the end gaming is starting to form.

The Out – As always, the story shifts to another direction as we are introduced to more “humans”.  This episode feels like we have been there and was less intriguing.

norton canes:
I would be collecting my prog round about now but sadly the rain is lashing down in a manner reminiscent of the way it did when Dredd's squad commandeered a Strato-V in The Apocalypse War, so it looks like I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Barrington Boots:
Excellent point about the Dillon-ness of the cover - that's a Dillon Dredd face for sure and a lovely homage.

--- Quote from: IndigoPrime on 25 October, 2021, 04:09:44 PM ---Cock joke was indeed naff, but I’m sure we can forgive the team for that. As for your comment about Full Tilt Boogie, Boots, where did that go? I figured we’d have got more of it. Oh well.

For me, Dredd wrapped up fine, if in downbeat manner. Atlantis has been little used, but surprising to see Williams trash it. (Although I suppose it could be repaired, not that you’d really want to live there now.) Diaboliks felt like tidying up at the end of a party. Pandora was breezy and gross. I’d happily see this back in the Prog. Scarlet Traces continues to be excellent, as does The Out. 5/5 again, Tharg.

The Out > Pandora Perfect > Scarlet Traces > Judge Dredd > Diaboliks

--- End quote ---

Great comments as ever IP. I didn't even register on first read really how destroying Atlantis is actually a fairly big deal.
And I hope we'll see more of Full Tilt Boogie: I know it wasn't universally popular, but it was different and had some really interesting ideas. Has it been binned off for future series?

IndigoPrime:
I don’t think we’ve heard anything either way. But just from a pure momentum standpoint, it would have been good to get something else by now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version