Main Menu

Prog 2264 - Rush Hour!

Started by Colin YNWA, 11 January, 2022, 05:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 18 January, 2022, 03:38:24 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 18 January, 2022, 01:21:53 PM
Given how gaga people were for Abba when I was at uni in the mid-1990s and given how gaga people still are for Abba today, I imagine that's the least unlikely aspect of that entire strip.

That's incredibly depressing.

This will cheer you up.

The Out wouldn't have had the same hook with the readership if they'd instead chosen a song from thousands of years in our future, in an alien language, and only interpreted through pheromones. [Insert clip of future-music from Buck Rogers here.]
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Barrington Boots

Quote from: Funt Solo on 18 January, 2022, 05:04:17 PM
This will cheer you up.

Aaargh!

Quote from: Funt Solo on 18 January, 2022, 05:04:17 PMThe Out wouldn't have had the same hook with the readership if they'd instead chosen a song from thousands of years in our future, in an alien language, and only interpreted through pheromones.

That's true. I found this bit took me right out of the story with a proper 'WTF' moment but I suspect that's less to do with my feelings about the insipid naffness that is Abba and more about the incongruous nature of having a modern bit of music in there at all and I'd have had a similar reaction had it been Steps, Heavy D and the Boyz or Bolt Thrower.
Of course, I'm betting the incongruity of it is the whole point.

Consider me chastised by that early morning SOS, anyway.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Proudhuff

Quote from: The Corinthian on 12 January, 2022, 05:56:48 PM
Line of the year, so far:

[spoiler]"Lodged tight inside Dave Cameron."[/spoiler]

Indeed the very much over used LOL did indeed happen.
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Dredd aside there wasn't much for me in the Prog, Protex Blue was fun, but nothing else ticked my fancy.

What is the Brimful all about, why does it exist?
DDT did a job on me

Funt Solo

This will cheer you up.

I was watching the video, and trying to figure out what he's prepping in the kitchen. It seems to be inordinately large slices of fruit, some chopped carrots and a random mixture of perhaps butter and eggs.

What the fuck is he making?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Barrington Boots

Eggy fruit salad or a fruity omelette?
You're a dark horse, Boots.

norton canes

This will cheer you up

That's just distressing!

I love Erasure but didn't realise they'd made videos for all the Abba-esque EP tracks, so ta for that.

O Lucky Stevie!

Just catching up here in Oz...

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 18 January, 2022, 10:13:20 AMbut we're a billionty years in the future and people are still listening to fucking Abba? Seriously?

Surely Cyd left Earth in the middle of this century?
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"