Spoilers > Prog

Prog 2265: Worlds at War

<< < (15/15)

Jim_Campbell:

--- Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 30 January, 2022, 03:16:13 PM ---I'm disputing the GFD secret sauce — Rogue as published was formulated as the result of an extended brain-storming session between GFD, Dave Gibbons and Steve MacManus, and bore very little resemblence to to the series as originally pitched.

--- End quote ---

I just want to clarify on this point: it sounds as though I'm calling GFD a worthless hack here, and that wasn't my intention… but I've left it too late to edit the original post.

I have a great deal of fondness for much of what he wrote in Battle, but I remain unconvinced that he was ever a great fit for 2000AD. The fact that both Harry Twenty and Fiends of the Eastern Front were extensively re-written, and Rogue was notorious in the editorial office for the amount of works the scripts required every week to get them into a publishable state rather supports that feeling.

Beyond that, I don't really see the point in arguing any further about this.

Leigh S:
Agreed and dont take this as me continuing an argument just laying out what I would want from a Nu Earth strip I havent seen in the versions we have had - for me it isnt about who did what, but that those early stories have something that later iterations dont, and I do think theres a tendency for us as fans who have had a couple of decades or more of "talking hat" and "buttplug" jokes to overlook a lot of the things that made Rogue in those early strips a genuine hit character/setting, if only for the more casual reader.

JayzusB.Christ:
 Sorry for steering the thread off topic even more, but there did the buttplug joke come from? I know I saw it but it's been doing my head in trying to remember where.  Surely not Droid Life?

Funt Solo:

--- Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 30 January, 2022, 08:36:35 PM --- Sorry for steering the thread off topic even more, but there did the buttplug joke come from? I know I saw it but it's been doing my head in trying to remember where.  Surely not Droid Life?

--- End quote ---

I first saw it posted here on the forum - I think it was art by PJ Holden, and I think it was published in STAK!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version