Main Menu

Prog 2270 - 45 Revolutions per minute

Started by Colin YNWA, 21 February, 2022, 08:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monarch

i dunno she seems to be acting the way she did before she went to the nunnery to me. I can buy this tyranny as the same one who nuked a universe just to fuck with indigo prime for their part in the massacre of her race

now how it fits in with her post nunnery stuff i think you have a point there

Richard

The nuns literally turned her back into her old self again, a kind of anti-rehabilitation, so she could defend the nunnery from its attackers.

Quotewhy are the Mechanismo droids suddenly so susceptible to begin shot?
Because the attackers knew they would be there, so they planned ahead and brought the right kind of guns and ammo.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Richard on 23 February, 2022, 03:35:43 PM
Quotewhy are the Mechanismo droids suddenly so susceptible to begin shot?
Because the attackers knew they would be there, so they planned ahead and brought the right kind of guns and ammo.

My take on this is these are Wardens not full street Judge type Mechanisms so not built to the same top spec. Just as Judges in Iso-Cubes aren't the best, or are retired / injured out (???) Judges.

Could of course be a mix of both.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Richard on 23 February, 2022, 03:35:43 PMThe nuns literally turned her back into her old self again, a kind of anti-rehabilitation, so she could defend the nunnery from its attackers.
I recall, but I don't remember her being quite so "shoot someone in the head for the LOLs" in the last Smith story, say.

The Monarch

i completely forgot she got reprogrammed to protect the nunnery oops

The Corinthian

Didn't John Smith say that [spoiler]Tyranny was in the first episode of A Dying Art, and no one could figure out where she was[/spoiler]?

The Corinthian

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 23 February, 2022, 03:53:32 PM
Quote from: Richard on 23 February, 2022, 03:35:43 PMThe nuns literally turned her back into her old self again, a kind of anti-rehabilitation, so she could defend the nunnery from its attackers.
I recall, but I don't remember her being quite so "shoot someone in the head for the LOLs" in the last Smith story, say.

She does hold a serious grudge against IP for [spoiler]genociding her species[/spoiler].

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Bad City Blue

Just like to say my highlight was the Tharg story! Seriously!

Very funny with good art.

Dredd was good, obviously, but it's just a set up at the moment.
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Magnetica

I saw a couple of copies in my local Co-Op last night.

It's been years since they stocked it and that seemed to be only the occasional issue. And I mean occasional - in fact hardly ever is more accurate.

So is Tharg push pushing out extra copies of this?

JayzusB.Christ

I've only read Dredd and Tharg so far. I liked them both a lot - the floating lightbulb in the TMO strip was great, pure Droid Life which is a bonus in my book.  I would like to have seen a few actual Rebellion staff members in droid form though, like the old days.  Unless I've missed something?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

norton canes

So who are the partially-seen characters on that cover? Has to be Quinch on the right, and TBH it looks like D.R. on the left. Shakara behind Tharg's elbow?

The Monarch

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 25 February, 2022, 02:31:15 PM
I've only read Dredd and Tharg so far. I liked them both a lot - the floating lightbulb in the TMO strip was great, pure Droid Life which is a bonus in my book.  I would like to have seen a few actual Rebellion staff members in droid form though, like the old days.  Unless I've missed something?

I knew something was bothering me about the tharg strip. there wasn't any creator droids in it!

Funt Solo

In Soft Bodies, Tyranny violently beats a hospitalized man to death in a fit of pique. She's very mercenary.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

IndigoPrime

I'm not disputing the character's penchant for violence. I'm wondering about how it follows on from the most recent Smith run. But, yeah, maybe her response to IP does work. It'll be interesting to see what Kek-W does next with the series regardless.