Spoilers > Prog

Prog 2273 - The Coldest War

(1/5) > >>

Colin YNWA:
If I'm honest a bit of a stutter step after the last couple of weeks? Why, well we'll gt to that and we are starting from a very, very good couple of weeks.

Dredd remains excellent, plenty happening and we aren't quite sure what, or even why at this stage.Its an excellent piece of craft.

Kingmaker this is my issue this week. I'm not sure what we got this week, how we moved forward. I mean we're clearly not meant to be trusting those looks in Ablard's eyes, but I'm not sure where we're going. Then we get confirmation that last weeks plunge was bad, but we know that getting burnt up isn't fatal anymore. Then another turn and ... something new. I'm feeling a little lost. It could just be me and I might flick back and it will all click.

Proteus Vex was good as ever as war is declared.

Fiends of the Eastern Front after a chilling opening its very much a scene setter. It will grow in time I'm sure, but this is steady.

Brink this one needs work. Its worth it and that ending.

So yeah its a dip as one kinda drops me, but will come back and another makes a steady start. Not much of a down turn, but all the same...

broodblik:
Cover by Tiernen Trevallion:

broodblik:
Cover and Logo:

IndigoPrime:
Lovely cover. Really striking. On the indie, good to see Enemy Earth is on the way—here’s hoping it makes good on its potential. Of the strips:

Dredd: I’m not sure why, but I’m just not feeling this yet. Dredd is presumably intentionally written as less nuanced than his more modern incarnation, but he’s coming across as a bit of a meathead.

Kingmaker hits a lull, but Proteus Vex keeps on blazing. I’m intrigued to see how much legs this story has. I do wonder if we’ll in ten years be looking back on a great epic.

Fiends suffers a bit from characters awkwardly spouting exposition for a chunk of a page to bring readers up to speed, but otherwise this was great.

Brink: A bit like Dredd, I find myself surprised in not being hooked at this point. Not sure why. Probably needs a re-read and I hope it’ll click because I’ve really rated Brink until now. (And the reveal was good.)

Fiends > Proteus Vex > Dredd > Brink > Kingmaker

Richard:

--- Quote ---Dredd is presumably intentionally written as less nuanced than his more modern incarnation, but he’s coming across as a bit of a meathead.
--- End quote ---
This isn't necessarily what really happened, this is just what the prisoner in episode 1 says happened, and he may not be a reliable narrator.

Also, is anything Dredd did this week really that bad? There's a war on and that civilian was a liability.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version