Spoilers > Prog

Prog 2276 - House of the Unholy

(1/8) > >>

Colin YNWA:
What a smacking prog. absolutely firing. Now having said that maybe not the best Prog of late BUT given the line up isn't quite as strong as it has been so far this year (it is still a wonderful line-up I will note)  its amazing as so many episodes are just hitting peaks right now.

Dredd its all shooty action (no bad thing in Dredd) and reminding us of context in which to take the story and then BANG that last page and we have another reason why Dredd might not be quite Dredd. What is the truth here? Fantastic cliffhanger.

Hope nice way to start this new story off... well okay nice isn't the word here is it. Jimmy Brixton does great scary, or desperate or world beaten eyes doesn't he. Nice cameo from Monster as well.

Intestinauts in one of the panels at the 45th someone (and rudely I can't remember who) said in 2000ad if you are going to do a spread make in the 5-6 pages you have it better be for a good reason and you need to make it count. Intestinauts gives use the very definition of how to do that here! A series which I find a fun distraction normally but this is a cracking episode.

Fiends and speaking of cracking episodes this is one of a thrill I really like. Just brilliant, so much energy. The ecoplasm positively crackled off the page.

And well its Brink next so we know that it ends on a genius note and this is a truly wonderful episode. Again!

So yeah a MAGNIFICENT Prog with a very good line-up hitting above its weight even, which makes it a very, very good Prog.

Goosegash:

--- Quote from: Colin YNWA on 02 April, 2022, 08:46:30 PM ---Dredd its all shooty action (no bad thing in Dredd) and reminding us of context in which to take the story and then BANG that last page and we have another reason why Dredd might not be quite Dredd. What is the truth here? Fantastic cliffhanger.

--- End quote ---

It's intriguing certainly, but it does worry me that Dredd clone storylines are very well-trodden ground at this point, so I hope there's something more to it than just another clone running around.

My theory before this episode was that "our" Dredd would die during the attack on the Citadel and be replaced by another clone, so I may've been half-right.

I wonder what Wagner's intent is with this? It seems significant that this story takes place during the Apocalypse War, the scene for arguably the single most morally questionable thing Joe Dredd has ever done - pushing the button to nuke the Sovs. This is reaching a bit, but I wonder if there's going to be any attempt to retcon Dredd's actions during the war by having another Dredd be responsible? But then, that wouldn't really fit with the guy's story that Dredd did something so reprehensible he was locked up to stop it ever being known. Hmmm.

broodblik:
Cover by Tiernen Trevallion:

broodblik:
Cover and Logo:

The Mind of Wolfie Smith:
what a fantastic cover!
and the text overlay, for once, augments and intrigues.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version