Main Menu

Lot 13 by Steve Niles and Glenn Fabry

Started by Emperor, 28 August, 2010, 04:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

I'm up for this:

QuoteIt's the story of this poor unfortunate family who are having difficultly while moving house and they've decided they're going to stop off at this motel in America. This motel thing kind of mysteriously appears. They're tired, and they're gonna stay the evening in this motel. But it's haunted, and there are zombies and monsters — and zombie horses. I'm trying to find a way to get a zombie duck in there... We've got an enormous giant, who's about four-hundred-feet tall. Little red people fall out of his chest into his crotch and land on the floor and explode. I'm basically trying for a combination of George A. Romero kind of horror and Spirited Away by Miyazaki

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2010/08/28/preview-lot-13-by-steve-niles-and-glenn-fabry/
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

pauljholden

Saw a bunch of Glenn's b&w for this - looks AMAZING.

Emperor

A couple of colour pages, still looking tasty:

www.bleedingcool.com/2010/11/06/two-pages-from-steven-niles-and-glenn-fabrys-lot-13/
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

BMB

Sweet pernicky tits that looks like a fun read. Or at least a fun stare at. :D

Emperor

Now lined up as a Vertigo GN in time for Xmas:

QuoteYesterday, at Kapow, I saw a whole lot more of it.

It is quite frankly the most beautiful artwork I have seen Glenn Fabry produce to date. And that's saying something. And there's a lot of it.

He talked through the art process, transforming his lines into coloured gradients and producing a very special look combining clarity, detail and gradient in a way I haven't seen done so well before.

www.bleedingcool.com/2011/04/10/lot-13-by-steve-niles-and-glenn-fabry-to-be-vertigo-graphic-novel/

I'm in.

Emperor

Finally listed in Previews:

www.bleedingcool.com/2012/08/07/two-dc-comics-not-to-ignore-for-halloween-lot-13-and-ghosts/

Link Prime

Cheers for the update Emperor, lookin forward to this.

blackmocco

"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

dweezil2

Mr Fabry generously showed my some black and white art from this at the SFX Weekender a couple of years back!

Been eagerly waiting for its release as it looked gorgeous!  :D
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo