Main Menu

Discovered / rediscovered music thread

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 16 April, 2009, 12:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Gloady

I've been posting that everywhere too, Goatilocks.  Finally my teenage gumpiness has an explaination, I was addicted to metal and needed more albums.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Peter Wolf

I thought that Queen ended on a high note with the Innuendo LP because i dont count anything that they recorded after the death of Freddie Mercury.

I have rediscovered Inside Story by Grace Jones.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 20 March, 2010, 02:58:20 PM

Some friends saw her at Latitude last year and have been raving about her ever since. Must take some time to check her out.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 20 March, 2010, 06:05:26 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 20 March, 2010, 02:58:20 PM

Some friends saw her at Latitude last year and have been raving about her ever since. Must take some time to check her out.

If you dont know her music try Warm Leatherette and Nightclubbing and Living My Life - Island Records.

Those are her most well known albums.

Just as recommendable is Slave To The Rythmn which is a Trevor Horn produced album with reworkings of Slave To The Rythmn.Very highly recommended by me anyway.

Inside Story is a largely forgotten and overlooked 1986 Nile Rodgers produced Lp and i thinks its very good.

Slave To The Rythmn :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTSkWAhQZQQ
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Goatilocks

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 20 March, 2010, 12:07:17 PM
I've been posting that everywhere too, Goatilocks.  Finally my teenage gumpiness has an explaination, I was addicted to metal and needed more albums.

I'm 41 and still the same, Mike ...

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 20 March, 2010, 06:19:06 PM

If you dont know her music try Warm Leatherette and Nightclubbing and Living My Life - Island Records.

Warm Leatherette is an original song by pop synth band The Normal.

Mike Gloady

Quote from: Goatilocks on 20 March, 2010, 06:28:51 PM
Quote from: Mike Gloady on 20 March, 2010, 12:07:17 PM

I'm 41 and still the same, Mike ...
I'm 35 now, but it explains a hell of a lot about my youth.  Still love a bit of metal.  It's just that these days I like a lot of other stuff just as much.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Goatilocks

I've found that the older I get the more extreme my musical taste has become. Mrs. Goatilocks enjoys 70's hard rock, and shakes her head whenever I put on Immolation, Abscess or Vomitory to name but a few ...

blakaam kaplow

Anyone heard Symphony of Science? Really cool even if Carl Sagan sounds like Kermit the Frog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Cd36WJ79z4
?

vzzbux

Ahh. A heavy metal addiction. That speaks volumes for me.
Now lets work on getting my Star Wars addiction recognised.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Mikey

Dead Kennedys! It's been fuckin ages!

I gave 'Fresh Fruit...' a spin last night. Oh yes. I reckon it's pretty hard to beat, although 'Plastic Surgery Disasters' or 'In God We Trust Inc.' will be dusted off tonight methinks...

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Zarjazzer

Dead Kennedys are indeed fab but today I was gaping in awe at Stiff Little Fingers (on youtube alas not playing in my front room).
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

JOE SOAP

I've just listened to all of Godflesh's albums again.

das

Quote from: Mikey on 02 April, 2010, 01:55:28 PM
Dead Kennedys! It's been fuckin ages!

I gave 'Fresh Fruit...' a spin last night. Oh yes. I reckon it's pretty hard to beat,

M.

yay i just bought a copy of fresh fruit ! and played it on the radio to share !
Confusion is Better Than Sex

I, Cosh

There's never been a day that couldn't be improved by Holiday in Cambodia. Not even your wedding day, Denise.

As it happens, I've been listening to a lot of Patti Smith and OMD today. I say "listened to a lot of" but I actually mean I've had Tesla Girls and Pissing in a River playing on a constant loop.
We never really die.