Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Helltrekkers vs. Stickleback Rd 3 Heat 62

Started by Colin YNWA, 29 June, 2022, 06:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Cactus

I quite enjoy Helltrekkers but it's Stickleback for me, although I lost my grip on the plot long before the big reveal.

AlexF

Funnily enough, my fondness for Stickleback is almost entirely down to the bizarre design of the main charcater. And also the way D'Israeli draws the cobbled streets and tiled roofs of Olde Londone. The plot is an annoying distraction from this loveliness.

Magnetica

Hmmmm.....don't really like either.

But as was mentioned up thread Hellterkkers did at least establish something that has been somewhat of  a feature in the Dredd strip since.

Colin YNWA

Pretty sure I can see which way this is going, see all good for London crime but the Helltrekkers have over come worth so who knows what this last day will bring.

DrJomster

Another one for Stickleback please! Some absolutely gorgeous art and lovely world building. Still not 100% sold on the big reveal personally tbh, but apart from that, there's lots to love!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

JayzusB.Christ

Nickelback is great fun, but I think nostalgia wins this one for me, so I'll go with Helltrekkers.
I miss when the Cursed Earth was a terrifying hellscape rather than a smattering of quiet(ish) Wild West villages.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

Dash Decent

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 01 July, 2022, 10:27:38 AM
I miss when the Cursed Earth was a terrifying hellscape rather than a smattering of quiet(ish) Wild West villages.

This.  Though I like the frontiersman "we're going to conquer it anyway" attitude as they try and settle down and raise bison amongst plains filled with tarantulas bigger than houses.

Helltrekkers.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Funt Solo

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 01 July, 2022, 10:27:38 AM

Can't think what you mean...

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Max Headroom

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

As you'd expect here, lots of love for an excellent, fun, cold school thrill, one that's finally getting the love it deserves. However it wasn't close to enough to topple the modern favourite and crimelord from London. Stickleback might have left us hanging up its been welcomed back with open arms and now

Stickleback

is plotting how to conquerer Round 4.