Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ZenArcade

A real tragedy.  Z  :'(
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

JOE SOAP

His earliest Judge Dredd art is a stand-out. Signalled a great talent.

Theblazeuk

I was just talking with my friendly local comic shop about how Cradlegrave was a brilliantly sickening Brit-Horror that is an untapped, track-marked filled vein. Was firmly hoping to see more in the Tooth in the future.

Steve Green

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 16 May, 2017, 05:31:00 PM

I didn't realise it was the same artist, I liked it back then and wondered why he never returned - but he did under a different surname.

Spaceghost

This is fucking awful news. Love his art. Gutted.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Molch-R

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 16 May, 2017, 05:31:00 PM

I loved that story. Funnily enough, I finally twigged it was the same artist when I saw his work on Indigo Prime, specifically the way he drew tubes - whether poking from a juve's head or the side of an interdimensional HQ. His work for Marvel UK was stellar, especially Black Axe.

Spikes

Quote from: flip-r mk2 on 16 May, 2017, 02:52:37 PM
Art droid Edmund Bagwell age 50 :(

filippo

Just heard about this, and it is as shocking and unexpected as it is desperately sad.

I came across his work relatively late, but loved it from the get go. I consider myself very lucky - thanks in no small part to fellow forumite Simeon Brewer - to own some of his original art. Pages I treasure.

RIP Edmund Bagwell.

Woolly

Aw no.
At a loss for words, my heart goes out to his family and friends. Such an incredible talent, lost way too soon.

Heath C Ackley

How sad. Another great 2000ad artist gone. Respect and RIP.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Colin YNWA

Just seen this very sad news. His work in Indigo Prime was quite something but for me it was his Cradlegrave art that just sang so perfectly. Such a great talent and my thoughts are with his family and friends.

Greg M.

Dreadful news. A remarkable talent. His work on Cradlegrave in particular was about as evocative as it gets. Like others, I also loved his earlier work on the 'Joovs 'n' the Hood' story - it stood out a mile in the early 90s.

Tjm86

This is on a par with the loss of Dillon.  As so many have said, a tragic loss of a phenomenal talent.  Any further Indigo Prime is going to have massive shoes to fill.  Everything said about Cradlegrave is spot on too.  Not sure if it would have worked as well with any other artist.  There was something suitably sickly and malevolent yet suitably ordinary about the visuals.  Made it all the more effective as it progressed.

Mikey

Just terrible news. As others have rightly said, he was a tremendously good artist and far, far too young to go.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Sorrowful news about Edmund Bagwell. Another great talent who has left us well before his time. :o His Indigo Prime stuff, in particular, was some of the most original looking art in Toothy. Beautiful line work and colours.What sad news.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla