Main Menu

R.I.Ps too.

Started by Dunk!, 14 April, 2008, 09:13:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunk!

(Can't get the original huge thread to accept any new posts)

Sad news for art on kids TV.

Such a colourful TV persona.

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7345486.stm" target="_blank">Such a grim end

"Trust we"

johnnystress

ahh gez

thats very sad

JamesC

It's very sad.
I just hope that the whole sorry affair serves as a warning about the dangers of cocaine abuse. This 'nose candy' image it has really pisses me off.

ThryllSeekyr

Sorry, don't know of the guy.

Link: http://au.news.yahoo.com/080408/2/16ei8.html?f=mv" target="_blank">Though I read baout it here too.

TordelBack

Aw fuck, he was quite brilliant that bloke.  What a shitty, shitty sequence of events.

Peter Wolf

I dont know much about Mark speight but the business with his girlfriend sounds terrible.

Cocaine ,sleeping pills and Vodka ?

I dont know why they feel the need to take cocaine and sleeping pills.Silly people ,especially mixing with sleeping pills.Sleeping pills should be banned as well.

It could only end in tears.

Cocaine is something i hate and always have done.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Adrian Bamforth

Whenever I'd seen him on TV I always noticed that he could actually draw very well indeed (not so much Kirstin O'Brien). It's not often these days that they still let someone on kids TV over the age of 30.

I guess the best we can learn from this is simply not to take cocaine.

Goaty

I blame Daily Mail for what happens to Mark Speight...

Dunk!

Whenever I'd seen him on TV I always noticed that he could actually draw very well indeed

Yeah, he was a Tony Hart style true artist.

He was at his best though when he set about explaining Modern Art in a way children could understand, hopefully therefore leading to an appreciation of a piece even if they didn't like it. Taught me more than any stale history of art lecture I attended at Uni.
"Trust we"

Tweak72

Didnâ??t like him as a presenter (he did a weird max headroom thing before SMart) thought he was shite and SMart what a bag of poo as well.

That being said I do feel for him and his girlfriend. All very tragic

but they should however, been a lot more careful with the substances they where using. If you abuse Alcohol or other stimulants and then you hurt your self or get killed you donâ??t have any one else to blame but your self.

I say this not as some puritan prude who has never been off their face but as some one who has had some very narrow escapes when in an alternative state of mind.

And also one of my mates is now in a wheelchair after being off his face and breaking his back. And even he says he has no one to blame but himself.#

its all a great shame and very sad, but FFS be careful people.
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

ThryllSeekyr

Shame about his girlfriend.

Imagine wanting to take a scalding hot bath.

The effects mixing drugs and cocaine, I guess.

Roger Godpleton

I was surprised at how much this affected me upon first hearing it. I guess children's TV always stays with you.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Malchidiel

Very sad news. :(

Always thought he seemed like a really nice bloke.

Joolz

Peter Wolf

Did she pass out in the bath ? She must have already overdosed and was already in the bath or got into it in a state that was between consciousness and unconsciousness.

Its just an odd scenario.

One of my dads friends has an 18 yr old son [at the time] who went to university and started to take drugs and took to many,not sure exactly what but i think a lot of skunk , and ended up in a psychiatric hospital. He is back at home now,will never recover ,and needs constant care at home.

Not very nice for a parent whose son showed a lot of academic promise ,to raise them and have that happen.Heartbreaking.I saw him myself and it wasnt a pretty sight.

These two were old enough to know better.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

ThryllSeekyr

So pretty so, pointless.

She might be still alive if she was so over paid or if it wasn't so easy to obtain drugs.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/01_01/natcollinsMS0501_468x496.jpg">