Main Menu

Cosplay

Started by Jared Katooie, 30 August, 2010, 12:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: ming on 21 February, 2014, 11:42:11 AM
Quote from: TordelBack on 21 February, 2014, 11:04:51 AMGreat Wilma Deering and Ming in there...

...and then I woke up, and it was all a dream.

Bidi-bidi-bidi, sorry Buck!

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: TordelBack on 21 February, 2014, 12:42:59 PM
Quote from: ming on 21 February, 2014, 11:42:11 AM
Quote from: TordelBack on 21 February, 2014, 11:04:51 AMGreat Wilma Deering and Ming in there...

...and then I woke up, and it was all a dream.

Bidi-bidi-bidi, sorry Buck!

Did anyone spot the Timelord in Los Angeles?!?

critter

My take on Geptapo Bob Harris. Then the beauty on the right is Jennifer Blaze, fetish model.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Bring back Gestapo Bob! Punk rules !! Down with Justice department !!!

Far too many exclamation marks.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Dandontdare

the helmet you're wearing in your profile pic would've made a more authentic Gestapo Bob!

critter

Quote from: Dandontdare on 04 October, 2014, 12:00:32 PM
the helmet you're wearing in your profile pic would've made a more authentic Gestapo Bob!

I didn't want to cover up the mohawk or hide the piercings. I really thought Bob needed updating.

Hawkmumbler

Not a traditional cosplay by any means but check out this video on the makeing of an amazing God Emperor of Dune cosplay.

http://youtu.be/3P2MZmfzGCM

sheridan

Quote from: Zarjazzer on 22 April, 2013, 07:25:09 PM
The Emperor would/will be proud in about 30-38,000 years.Unless of course he's here now maybe even on these boards...

The Emperor of Mankind lives among us already:
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Emperor_of_Mankind#Origins
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Emperor_of_Mankind#Origins

ThryllSeekyr

On subject of Mohawks....I took a few of my disposables to each side of my head nearly a month ago now, and have been shaving what was left of my hair, but only really round the sides.

I left the hair on top, so it's less of Mohawk and it's only noticeable when I comb my hair back and the lack of hair around the sides and part of the way around the back of my head leaving the hair intact.

I haven't tried to spike it or anything like that. My hair is comparably thinner up top than it was at the sides and that's my reason for doing it. My hair now looks a lot less like the same shape as Darth-Vaders helmet.

It's more like Ragnar Lothbrok's hair cut (It's more like  drastically shaved mullet, which is just like the hair cut I gave myself when I was fifteen years old and in year eleven at this new school I had just started going to. Back then, my hair was just not growing enough up top, and it was more noticeable. I did this with a thinning comb (A comb combined with a large razor blade!) was shocked at how much of my hair it took off when I ran it above one of ears. I then did the other side to keep it even looking. I wore a large cap to hide the damage from my parents until my hair grew back in. It was when I was asked to remove my cap during dinner on the third day after I did this and had the shit blown out of me. While at school nobody made fun of my unorthodox haircut to my face at least. I guess they were all just being polite or some of them thought I was trying to revive the punk movement! (Wait a minute, this was in early 1987, so I not sure how far off my small contribution to the punk-revival I was!) I think some teachers complemented me as well, but asked me not to not od it again if I didn't want to be suspended or expelled. My cousin who was just being a smart-arse never believed my clam that I sneezed while I was shaving my face  and that was how I lost all that hair above my ears. (Lucky, didn't lose a ear!)  I then said, I only shaved the other side to keep it even...which was true! Yet, I've always been kind of annoyed that my cousin new better and wouldn't support my excuse. I think my hair grew back enough in less than two months, but there were number of guys that I went to school with that that had closely cropped or almost completely shaven hair. Yet, what I da was unique in that it was short at the front and on top and long at the back and now completely shaven at the sides. I think this hair cut became more popular later on as I've see used later on during the 90's. Heaps of boys and some girls my age would get their hair shaved at the sides, but leave their hair long on top and sometimes with a top-knot. Although I had definite mullet hair style (Short on the top and sides, but long at the back and doesn't really need to be shaved at the sides!) popularised by the local Bevan/Bogans/Westies (Car enthuseists that were known to drive Torana's and do laps in the nearest town. If they got out of their cars, you would notice their most common style of dress is a flannelette shirt with a criss-crossed or checkered pattern (Often a tartan!), dark track pants and Ugg-boots with the furred lining. I would just wear the same type of shirt with my stoned-washed jeans like the Pseudo-Bevan I really was! I never had the boots, or a licence to drive at the time.) I was in the habit of cutting my own hair a lot and messing it up, leaving noticeable holes that revealed my naked skull, but never so badly as I had so with my side hair!)

With a Derek Small's styled moustache combined with chops. Similar to Wolverine's!

I've been replaying the razor each week, shaving a little more off the top, but only around the sides to make it more extreme each time I do it. Yet, I should stop doing this and let it grow back, but because it really looks like I'm wearing badly fitting topae when ever the hair isn't brushed or combed back. If I combed it straight down the sides, parting my hair in the middle, the effect is hardly noticeable, except that my hair has temporarily lost it's triangular helmet shape.

I'd take few pictures and show you all, but my camera is broken.

As for Cosplay,  I have this medieval looking lace-up grey shirt  and some very loose grey pants that are really meant for fishing and a very sturdy tightly woven grey leather belt (That looks a lot like Gandalf's!) arriving within the next fortnight. The shirt and pants are not supposed to arrive until the thirteenth and the third installment of the Hobbit will finish it's run a day before at one of the Cineplex's at popular shopping centre closet the nearest city. (Brisbane!)

Such a shame, but I have spent another thirty dollars buy myself light grey zip-up, hoodie and these loose fitting dark grey pants, but they may have to do if I want see the film again in costume.

BTW... the grey robes I now have need alteration after trying them on once. I hem keeps dragging along the ground, my hands are lost in the long wide sleeves and hood falls over my head when pull over it. Despite claims from the source that it's dark-gray colour. It does look more black, than the light grey I needed and I have trying to find out how to fix this. It's made from Polyestor-Viscose or Rayon that is made from processed plant-fibers that is kind of flammable. After looking this up on the internet where I learnt that it might fade and shrink even if I soak the robes in a tub of hot water over night and leave it to dry in the sun the next day. I did this and it looks much the same. I think the desired effect might happen after weeks/months of exposure. to sunlight, but I don't have that much time.

ADVICE PLEASE

ThryllSeekyr

It occurred to me moments ago, that my facial hair now resembles Gael's from Slaine - Books of Invasion.....

Except, I don't have that alien rug riding on my back!

Beeks

"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Spikes

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Bagley

Here are some of my cosplay favourites:

The lowercase a-Team.

The conflicted Captain Planet:

Legs don't get angry:

Making good use of a gut:

And you thought Threepio made an arse of himself:

Best cosplay ever:

Goaty

Awesome cosplay!